Notifications
Clear all

1.2.0 | WIndows Server 2016 | Workgroup

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@granikos)

I facing issues installing SolidCP server release 1.2.0 on a stand alone (workgroup) Windows Server 2016 server as the first component.

Even though that it is stated that the user account got created

[03.04.2017 08:08:59] START: Creating Windows user account...
[03.04.2017 08:08:59] INFO: Creating Windows user account "SCPServer"
[03.04.2017 08:08:59] END: Created windows user account

it is not. This results in:

[03.04.2017 08:09:00] ERROR: Failed to execute 'SolidCP.Setup.Actions.CreateWebApplicationPoolAction' type of action.
[03.04.2017 08:09:00] ERROR: Here is the original exception...
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80090016): Keyset does not exist. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80090016)
bei Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostWritableAdminManager.CommitChanges()
bei Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationManager.CommitChanges()
bei Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges()
bei SolidCP.Setup.Actions.CreateWebApplicationPoolAction.SolidCP.Setup.Actions.IInstallAction.Run(SetupVariables vars)
bei SolidCP.Setup.Actions.BaseActionManager.Start()

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Thomas

4 Replies
Admin
(@trobinson)
Noble Member

Hello,

Can you try the PowerShell install method? The script is located at http://installer.solidcp.com/Files/stable/Tools/SolidCP-Configuration-Tool.zip this should work fine on Windows Server 2016.

Kind Regards,

Trevor Robinson

Topic starter
(@granikos)

Trevor,

even when using the POwerShell script, the command line executiong if the SolidCPInstaller (PS line 6474) results in the same error:

START: Creating application pool
INFO: Creating application pool "SolidCP Enterprise Server Pool"
ERROR: Failed to execute 'SolidCP.Setup.Actions.CreateWebApplicationPoolAction' type of action.
ERROR: Here is the original exception...
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80090016): Keyset does not exist. (Exception of HRESULT: 0x80090016)
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostWritableAdminManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges()
at  SolidCP.Setup.Actions.CreateWebApplicationPoolAction.SolidCP.Setup.Actions.IInstallAction.Run(SetupVariables vars)
at SolidCP.Setup.Actions.BaseActionManager.Start()

Is there a debug switch available to get a more detailed output from the SCPInstaller?

This seems to be related to an System.UnauthorizedAccessException reported for the SolidCP.SilentInstaller.exe in event log.

Cheers,
Thomas

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

I'm fairly sure i seen this error once before in relation to a bugged applicationhost.config

can you verify web deploy 3.6+ is installed and that your applicationhost.config is not corrupted?

Regards,

Marco

Admin
(@trobinson)
Noble Member

Hi Thomas,

I just wanted to check if you was able to resolve the issue?

I did have a customer with a similar problem and it did appear the IIS applicationHost.config was missing the IISCngProvider & IISWASOnlyCngProvider lines due to the config being exported from a older version of IIS.

Kind Regards,

Trevor Robinson

Share: