CREATE_MAILBOX erro...

Notifications
Clear all

CREATE_MAILBOX error - WinRM client received an bad request status (400)

57 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@schilperoordbas)
Eminent Member

Hello SolidCP’s (forum) users and mods,

There’s an issue that I brought up on TechNet yesterday, but I was advised to also post up something on the forum of SolidCP itself (by my boss). I’ve been setting up a SolidCP test environment, as you can see here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/0ba55ab9-76e1-49f9-afd6-0bc185873379/solidcp-former-websitepanel-createmailbox-error?forum=exchangesvrdeploy

Now as you can see in my last reply I posted the latest error I had on creating a mailbox for a reseller’s customer and I wonder if y’all can help me out on this one. I hope so, that would be awesome.

This is a screenshot of SolidCP Portal with the given error message:

With all thanks,

Bas

56 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

The first things to check are:

1. Powershell url in the Portal configuration: make sure that you use a https url with the local fqdn (not a remote fqdn) for example: https://mycas1.localdomain.local/powershell
  2. Security settings in the powershell virtual directory: open up ECP --> Servers --> Virtual Directories --> Powershell --> security tab:  Make sure Integrated auth is checked. (this setting resets on most cu updates, so always double check).
  3. If all of those look good continue to the Active Directory settings: Make sure the SolidCP (or WSP) Server module on the CAS server has an application pool user that is in Active Directory, make sure it has Enterprise admins, administrators, and Organization management  memberships set.
  4. Another active directory setting is back in the portal --> click on the Server name, at the top you will have a tab "Active directory settings" If your using SolidCP you can set it to auth: none, fill in your root domain, and save.   If your using websitepanel 2.1.0.924 or higher you need to set it to secure, fill in a user like  domainusername and password.
  5. Double check the Hosted Organization settings are correct (working Prefered active directory server, and capital sensitive OU)

Regards,

Marco

10 Replies
(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Heeey Marco, thanks for responding, I will try your advice and check all those things. 🙂

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

Alright, i did forget to mention that on any permission or auth related setting change you most likely have to do an iisreset on the exchange cas (you can first try and see if it works without tho).

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

That's cool, thanks, forgot to do that right away, but I knew that could be neccessary. Will let you know if anything's changed.

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Okay, now I have this error: Server was unable to process request. ---> Cannot find path '' because it does not exist.

Got to add that I have unchecked 'Require SSL' in IIS Virtual Powershell directories, should I recheck those?

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

hmm thats an odd one i don't think i seen many times before
did you fill in the root OU? for example: CustomersExch1 ?

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Yeap, this is the root OU specified in Hosted Organizations (Main AD server): SolidCP-rootOU, mine is no subfolder. The Preferred Domain Controller there is not a FQDN though, it's only the hostname of the server, should I change that?

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

that one should be the fqdn yes.
i will make a video in a minute (probably ready within 2 hours) on how to configure the Exchange 2013 with SolidCP (as it's a returning question, i think documenting it well is a priority 🙂 )

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Okay, now I'm getting back a simple error that says: -1.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

-1 generally always means username / email already exist in AD (this error is still scheduled to be made much more clear in actual words in the next version).

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Okay, thanks, now I created a new user (or customer), because I assumed the current one was "AD-bugged", it goes past -1, but gives me the path '' does not exist error again. Funny thing is I have no idea what path it is talking about.

Topic starter
(@schilperoordbas)
Eminent Member

That would be great man, I’m really thankful for your help, good luck making the video.

Gonna try the FQDN thingy and get back asap. 🙂

Topic starter
(@schilperoordbas)
Eminent Member

I think a bug fix needs to be released for this issue, it's pretty weird.

"Server was unable to process request. —> Cannot find path ” because it does not exist."

3 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

It's not a bug in SolidCP (i just finished the video, no such bug present, completed successfully)

I will post a link once the mp4 has been generated.

There was a minor bug with the Global mailbox plans but that i fixed while making the video (update for portal is now made to address that).

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

A little side note: I think the path variable comes from the Hosted Org settings, you can leave it empty aslong as the box is unchecked (like in my howto video).

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Another thanks, will not take your advice for granted. Gonna try it soon and let it know in this thread asap. (y) (y) (y)

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Ok,

I have finished the video.

You can view the video howto here: 

https://solidcp.com/kb/configuration/exchange-2013-configuration/

The written manual will be available there later tonight as well.

2 Replies
(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Thanks a lot man, your help was great. I will follow that tutorial next week or this weekend if I have the time, exactly detail-to-detail. 😀 (y)

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

No problem.
I think most easy is to check out the video, once seen check out the writing.
The Writing is a little less detailed on some aspects but more to the point for the Setup and Configuration of Exchange it self.

The Video shows alot of additional surrounding factors which might be helpful 🙂

Page 1 / 3
Share: