Clear all

Error Creating Distribution List on Exchange 2016, SolidCP 1.4.4

13 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mourikis)
Trusted Member

On Exch2016 with installed newly installed SolidCP 1.4.4 there is an error creating a new Distribution List

Dont know if it relevant to the problem but Kaspersky Antivirus is also installed on the server and the following log entry is show when the command runs

Application: WMI Provider Host
Action: Terminate
Object: C:Program Files (x86)Kaspersky LabKaspersky Endpoint Security for Windowsavp.exe
Result: Blocked

Creating and deleting a new user will work ok as far as i can tell. Problem is with DLs

SolidCP error is

Error creating distribution list. See audit log for more details.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Error executing 'CREATE_DISTR_LIST' task on 'testingperi' EXCHANGE ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException: A constraint violation occurred. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges() at SolidCP.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2016.FixShowInAddressBook(Runspace runSpace, String accountName, String[] addressLists, Boolean HideFromAddressList) at SolidCP.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2016.CreateDistributionListInternal(String organizationId, String organizationDistinguishedName, String displayName, String accountName, String name, String domain, String managedBy, String[] addressLists) at SolidCP.Server.ExchangeServer.CreateDistributionList(String organizationId, String organizationDistinguishedName, String displayName, String accountName, String name, String domain, String managedBy, String[] addressLists) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.ExchangeServerController.CreateDistributionList(Int32 itemId, String displayName, String name, String domain, Int32 managerId) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.ExchangeServerController.CreateDistributionList(Int32 itemId, String displayName, String name, String domain, Int32 managerId) at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.esExchangeServer.CreateDistributionList(Int32 itemId, String displayName, String name, String domain, Int32 managerId) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

12 Replies
Topic starter
(@mourikis)
Trusted Member

Just an update on the case. It seems that other domains on that installation will successfully create a DL, so must be some config or something

Any ideas where i should be looking for the problem?

Topic starter
(@mourikis)
Trusted Member

Hi any ideas where to look ???

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

At the start of your post you mention:

Application: WMI Provider Host
Action: Terminate
Object: C:Program Files (x86)Kaspersky LabKaspersky Endpoint Security for Windowsavp.exe
Result: Blocked

Can you make sure Kaspersky is not blocking the WMI request? SolidCP uses WMI and Powershell soap calls to execute everything on the server, if this is blocked SolidCP will return a error.

Regards,

Marco

Topic starter
(@mourikis)
Trusted Member

Hello Marco, thank you for the response.

I have also though of AV, but then again it works with other users of SolidCP, so i rule this out

ie SAME operation will work ok for another domain (same server, same installation) and all other operations seems to be ok as far as i have tested

There was a problem with server running SolidCP and had rebuilt it from scratch, reimporting previous domains. Should i be focusing on some DB attribute? And if yes which one might be a good candidate?

Problem is just creating a new Distribution List

Page 1 / 3
Share: