I’m Trevor from the SolidCP team. With the recent release of version 1.1.2 and alot of bugs being fixed (750+ commits since we released version 1.0.0) and extra features added. We would like to get some feedback from the community.
What are the things you would like to see? What are we doing wrong and right?
All comments are welcomed and will be discussed by the contributors at our next meeting.
Great work so far guys. Ok a few things that we use or require which may not be in here already :
- The ability to move users between servers
- The ability to transfer domains from reseller client account to just a client account (we sometimes have resellers who close down and then its a mission to move the clients to their own accounts.)
- ability to move domains from a reseller account to a client account under the reseller ?
- Ability to manage/provision linux servers.
- Ability to provision linux servers. (i know you cant provision because of the xml story, but we use a preconfigured staging template at the moment, which we just login to change the staging ip address and host name and the admin user password for centos) Surely you could copy the vxdx file and rename it and gen the vm ? This makes the creation quick and then its just an admin task to change the info.
I am not sure if some of these items can be done already.
This is by far THE BEST control panel I ever used, despite the lack of some Tutorials and a Fully written manual explaining all the features (A good starting point really) I personally would really like to see Hyper-V Management options fully supported by the WHMCS module and the ability to autoprovision Linux flavors as well as Windows, with simplified instructions on how to do the unattended since it is failing for other OS such as Win 8/7 and can’t figure out a way to fully auto-provision those !…
I would also like to say this software is by far much better than WSPPanel (which never worked for me!!) and from MSP (which is still buggy!..) am really glad my colleague has recommended SCP to me !…
Well Done and All The Best !!…
Many thanks for all the effort you have put into making improvements to the panel and making it work better – we really appreciate that.
We would also like to add a few requests to Exchange module hoping you will include them in the future releases:
- converting mailboxes from one type to another:
· User mailbox to resource (room or equipment) mailbox
· Shared mailbox to user mailbox
· Shared mailbox to resource mailbox
· Resource mailbox to user mailbox
· Resource mailbox to shared mailbox
- setting up automatic replies on Exchange mailbox
- remove the ability of granting Sent On Behalf permission from Mail Flow Settings as it already is in Permissions
- deletions, when deleting a user/mailbox/etc. – a window should pop up asking something like „do you reallly want to delete/remove user …(display name/address…?”
- exporting user mailboxes data to PST file
Thanks for your work. Great job.
- The optional debug panel that shows powershell commands that are executing in the background . To give administrator deeper understanding of what he does.
- Of course, more documentation. Not only step by step guides. But also something that describes what is what. Overall topology and basic awareness.
I think you guys are doing a fantastic job.
What I would like to see in future implementations.
- Import/Export users/mailboxes from/to CSV. The bulk csv import tool is good, but having a baked functionality in the portal to upload a similar if not the same CSV and have it run the bulk import with all of its validations would be fantastic. The same for distribution lists would be awesome too.
- Migration feature from hosting space to hosting space, I’m in the process of moving some tennants from an existing 2013 infrastructure to 2016 infrastructure. Both currently being managed by SolidCP.
Think we mentioned this before. But it would be great if LetsEncrypt could be integrated. I believe Windows support for it is still basic, but there is support for standard simple certs.
Firstly I’d like to state that SolidCP is a wonderful project and I’m very glad that you guys have taken this on and improved it considerably from WSP.
There are two possibly three things that I’d like to request.
- Improved backups with the ability to migrate to a new host and if possible granular restore of site, settings maybe, etc.
- Documentation, this is probably just me, but I’d like documentation to understand the structure of SolidCP, how best to interact with and work with the control panel. I find myself clicking around trying to figure out how to do something or where something should be and I’m not in a rush to jump to the forums because you guys have plenty of work to do.
- Some sort of plugin system, preferably a simple way to add functionality. In my case we install SolidCP on customers VPS’, so they get their own copy, it would be handy for me to allow a customer to edit the scope of certain firewall rules, e.g. SQL.
Again, thanks for all your hard work.
- Views8138 times
- Answers22 answers