Clear all

how Host a website on SolidCP

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@rsaada)

Hello

Is it possible to have a documentation on how to setup a customer and host his website please ?

Thank you

Regards

Ryan

4 Replies
Admin
(@trobinson)
Noble Member

Hello,

Can I ask for more details on what it is you have set-up? We are working on creating guides at the moment and do plan to form this into a manual.

Generally for a new customer once SCP is setup with server you create a hosting plan and then create the user.

Kind Regards,

Trevor Robinson

(@webguyz)

Would any of the old WebsitePanel user documentation apply here as far as a general guideline or is SolidCp a total departure of how WebsitePanel worked?

In the same boat as Ryan. I asked about docs about 6 months ago and was told it was being planned, but I need to finally retire my aging 2003 servers running Helm 3 and create new web sites and SolidCp is what I chose. Any beginners guide would be truly helpful.

Thanks!

Admin
(@trobinson)
Noble Member

Hello,

It would be possible to use the old WebsitePanel documents we are working on creating a whole new updated set of them.

We are working on guides and have been trying to do them while at the same time fixing bugs and creating new features. You will notice we have added more to the manuals section but these take time for make them with the correct level of detail for the user.

If you can let me know what guides you are looking for? Is it just how to add servers, their providers and hosting plans?

Kind Regards,

Trevor Robinson

(@webguyz)

I need newbie info. I have installed WebSitePanel in the past when it first came out but never really used it. Things like adding users, adding things like Smartermail, Filezilla ftp and Frontpage (Have old customers who refuse to give up Frontpage) are what I need

Will use WebsitePanel docs for now. Lot of youtube videos our there which will help now that I know that SolidCP works similar to WebSitePanel.

Thanks!

Share: