Installing on serve...

Notifications
Clear all

Installing on server with 100 or so existing sites - Recommendations/Best Practices/Experiences?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jungalist)

I am installing Solid CP  on a single server that already has about 100 sites running on it. My intention is to use a subdomain of my main domain and secure it with SSL (of course), but I was wondering if there are considerations like installation directory/drive, or other configuration options that you would recommend.  Currently my websites are located on a different drive than the OS and there is another drive for backups (Virtual Dedicated Server)

I have had a look at the installation manual but didn't see this type of info. I am mostly just looking for ideas along the lines of, "I wish I hadn't set it up this way", or it's going to be easier to import your existing sites if you do this", etc.

Is there a link to some discussion about this or do you have ideas from personal experience? I'd love to be prepared before I start.

Thank you in advance for any advice, and have a great day!

1 Reply
(@kailash)
Eminent Member

You can install SolidCP in C: drive. There should not be any issue. As you mentioned that you have over 100 websites already in IIS, please note that those websites will not appear automatically in SolidCP.

There is import tool in SolidCP which allows to import resources which are present on the server but not available in SolidCP but it is possible that you may face some issues as you have created your websites manually. It is difficult to say you will be able to import all resources.

Share: