Mdaemon support

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@roeller)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I see Mdaemon source code in the version 1.0.1.  Is MDaemon supported? (and which version? v16 /v16?)  Will SolidCP detect MDaemon automatically when I install the SolidCP Server on it?

Kind regards,

Roel Broersma

8 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

Looking at the codes it is made to support up to Mdaemon version 11.

I can look into updating it to the latest version though it's written in vb so i can't really make any promises on the time frame. (it might be easy like the other modules or much more complex, i didn't really work much with vb)

I will keep you posted on the matter (hopefully i can find a trial of some sort somewhere so i can do some tests).

Regards,

Marco

Topic starter
(@roeller)
Eminent Member

I will install the SolidCP server now on a server running MDaemon v15...

Topic starter
(@roeller)
Eminent Member

I installed the SolicCP Server on the Mdaemon v15 Server.

The software is not automatically detected.  When I check the services for the server and click ADD under Mail.  I select provider: "MDaemon 9.x-11.x" and click "Add service".

I see the error: "The expected version of the software is not found on your server."

I can not add the service.

(I have quite much knowledge of VBscript/classic-ASP (old school) a Mdaemon (many years).  So I hope I can assist/help you since I don't know where to look for..

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

well the version fix is easy to make (thats just the bottom is installed section of the script which i can fix up tonight if time allows)

the rest is however depending on what still works with the existing script / if mdaemon changed around things etc.

If you want you can sign up as contributor here:
https://solidcp.com/contributors/contributors-license-agreement/

and make sure your registered at:

https://git.key4ce.com

then you can join the contributors chat where i think we can sort out mdaemon module quite quickly together 🙂

Page 1 / 2
Share: