Migrating from Exch...

Notifications
Clear all

Migrating from Exchange 2010 SP3 with websitepanel Mult-Tenant to Exchange 2016 Multi-Tenant with Solidcp

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@david)

Hi,

I want to migrate our exchange 2010 thate managed with websitepanel to exchange 2016 with solidcp

can somone help me ant tell what is the best way to do that?

7 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Most easy way to get things done:

1. Update to SolidCP First (as it can handle both 2010 and 2016)
  2. Install your exchange 2016
  3. Migrate accounts / OAB's / PF's etc over to the 2016 environment
  4. Flip the SolidCP Provider over from 2010 to 2016 (can only be done in the database)

Do note to check that your existing Exchange 2010 SP3 has segregation done correct for each ou the following should exist:

• Address book policy
  • Offline Address book
  • Global Address list
  • Address list
  • Rooms list

To finalize you can run the Public Folder fix (so all OU's have their own Public folder with default PF set to avoid weird popups in outlook).

Regards,

Marco

(@nvgoldendog)
Trusted Member

Marco, can you elaborate on what we need to do in the database for:

"Flip the SolidCP Provider over from 2010 to 2016 (can only be done in the database)"

and where is the "the Public Folder fix" ? Is that a powershell script? Searched the forums and didn't find it.

Thanks again for all of your kind help and support!

(@datatechuk)

Hi NVGoldenDog,

To flip the Flip the SolidCP Provider over from 2010 to 2016 you will need to open your SolidCP SQL Database and go to the Services table, find the services with the name of your Exchange Server(s) - (the service name) and change the ProviderID from 32 to 92 if you are moving from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016

The Public Filder Fix is classed as a tool, so the latest version can be downloaded from the Installer site in the files directory.

If you are running the latest version of SolidCP (currently v1.1.0) the required file can be downloaded from:-
http://installer.solidcp.com/Files/1.1.0/Tools/SolidCP-FixDefaultPublicFolderMailbox-1.1.0.zip

If you want to get the latest stable version you can always use the following:-
http://installer.solidcp.com/Files/stable/Tools/

Kind regards,

Marc

(@haodeon)

Hi,

I am doing a migration from 2013 to 2016 at the moment. I was originally on WebsitePanel but have upgraded to SolidCP 1.1.1.

I've created a new 2016 DAG, migrated all the mailboxes, public folders and decommissioned all the old 2013 mailbox databases.

So right now I've got a single 2013 server with SolidCP Server installed and a 2016 DAG.

When I flip the ProviderID from 91 to 92, I get an access denied message in SolidCP when viewing mailboxes. The error message returned is from one of the 2016 DAG members. This is without changing anything else in SolidCP.

When ProviderID is set to 91 it contacts the 2013 server. If I change ProviderID to 92 it seems to know how to contact the new DAG without changing the powershell URL set in SolidCP. It almost appears to be ignoring the powershell URL.

Is this expected behaviour? I also assumed given the advice in this thread that I did not need to install SolidCP Server on one of the 2016 servers.

Page 1 / 2
Share: