MSPControl migration from version 1.0.0.6358

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@msaragnoli)
Eminent Member

Hello All,

I searched a little bit here in forum about MSPControl migration, but I am still lost!

Can I migrate the MSPControl version 1.0.0.6358 (this is the last version from 1.0) to SolidCP any version?

Is it still valid the migration tutorial from 2006 found here in the website ( https://solidcp.com/kb/installation/migrate-mspcontrol-solidcp/ ) for my MSPControl version?

In some posts that I found Marco Tiggelaar said that they were working for a new script migration, was that script finish?

Today I have about 70 users and 240 websites, then a fresh SolidCP install would be a nightmare!

Thank you.

5 Replies
Topic starter
(@msaragnoli)
Eminent Member

I would like to expose my experiencing until now regarding the migration.

The users accounts can't be migrated, because the encryption passwords in MSPControl has changed for a hash and salt password fields, so it is impossible to recover the passwords for a migration to SolidCP.

I ended up installing a fresh SolidCP inside the same windows server, but changing the ports to: 9011, 9022 and 9033. I configured pretty much the same configurations as it is MSPControl (MSPControl has some differences and new options then I could not let them exactly the same).

For tests purpose I created a new domain called: [marcelo.com.br] with Preview Domain activated, the SolidCP created it without issues!

Then I tried to create a Let's Encrypt certificate, it showed me a message "LetsEncrypt Certificate successfully installed on website", but no certificate was actually created. Here are the errors:

Audit log:
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at SolidCP.Providers.Web.Iis.SSLModuleService80.GetCurrentSiteCertificate(WebSite website)
at SolidCP.Providers.Web.Iis.SSLModuleService80.ImportCertificate(WebSite website)

Event Viewer (letsencrypt_win_simple):
NullReferenceException: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Another test that I did was to use Import Resources, to import the existing websites from my clients to SolidCp, but the website is not imported, the error is:

Audi log:
Import WebSite 'agroreal.com.br'
00:00:00
Could not import the web site because no dedicated IP address match in the target space has been found.
Please ensure the space has been allocated * IP address as a dedicated one and it is free. Then try to run import procedure once again.

I found another post regarding this error, without a solution too: https://solidcp.com/forum/question/cannot-import-website-with-all-unassigned-ip-setting/

For a last test with Import Resource, I detached the new website that I have just created using SolidCP [marcelo.com.br] and I tried to Import it again, the same error happens:

Import WebSite 'marcelo.com.br'
00:00:00
Could not import the web site because no dedicated IP address match in the target space has been found.
Please ensure the space has been allocated * IP address as a dedicated one and it is free. Then try to run import procedure once again.

My server setup is:
Windows Server 2012 R2
SolidCP Portal 1.4.3
SolidCP Server asp.net v4.5 1.4.3
SolidCP Enterprise Server 1.4.3

Sorry to post the errors here in the same thread, but I think they are related with my migration tries.

Thank you.

Topic starter
(@msaragnoli)
Eminent Member

Any idea to fix these issues?

Admin
(@trobinson)
Noble Member

Hey,

You are correct at the current moment we are unable to migrate the user accounts from the latest MSPControl versions.

There are multiple solutions around this. We do recommend to import the current sites to SolidCP but this can be a long process if you have alot of sites. You can try se your MSPControl database run our upgrade script and then make the changes to the users database so the user can reset their password.

We do use the le-win-simple project to create the Let's Encrypt certificate. Currently we are unable to track errors in le-win-simple and the message it has been successful is to show it passed the string to le-win-simple to handle the request.

Your error regarding import does mean that he provider was unable to see the SSL certificate.

le-win-simple error please can you check the website is created on the server matching the site name and has the correct bindings? You can also try run the project binary directly from C:SolidCPServerbinLetsEncryptletsencrypt.exe to further try debug the error.

We are aware of the import bug and this has been fixed. It will be included in the next release.

Thanks,

Trevor

Topic starter
(@msaragnoli)
Eminent Member

Hi Trevor,

Regarding the Let's Encrypt, I believe it is not possible to create SSL for a Preview Domain, is it?

Here are the print screens from the website I created:

Here are the errors and information from letsecrypt_win_simple Event Log by order:

1 - (Information) Let's Encrypt Windows Simple (LEWS)

2 - (Information) Software version "1.9.7.42320" ("RELEASE")

3 - (Information) Running in unattended mode.

4 - (Error) ACME server reported "type" "urn:acme:error:unauthorized"

5 - (Error) ACME server reported "detail" "Invalid response from http://www.marcelo.com.br/.well-known/acme-challenge/11luEtYpyh3sFOYXu6eLnGe8k_0SgNyIyO8y8CrlwEE [66.232.27.65]: "<!DOCTYPE html>n<!--[if IE 7]>n<html class=\"ie ie7\" lang=\"pt-BR\">n<![endif]-->n<!--[if IE 8]>n<html class=\"ie ie8\" lang=\"pt-BR\">""

6 - (Error) ACME server reported "status" "403"

7 - NullReferenceException: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

The let's encrypt is trying to reach the website by his original domain address, but as this is a test website I don't have the domain pointed to it, I would like to create the SSL for the Preview Domain only.

Page 1 / 2
Share: