Notifications
Clear all

Remove User - SOAP error.

15 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jamesstockwell)

We upgraded from WebsitePanel to SolidCP and have just tried to delete a user but had this error.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Error executing 'REMOVE_USER' task on '(NAME REMOVED)' ORGANIZATION ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.OrganizationController.DeleteUser(Int32 itemId, Int32 accountId) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.OrganizationController.DeleteUser(Int32 itemId, Int32 accountId) at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.esOrganizations.DeleteUser(Int32 itemId, Int32 accountId) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I have seen it says "Access Denied" but i have created users and mailboxes which both work. Any help would be appreciated.

14 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

Access denied is most likely given my Active Directory it self.

Common reasons for it are:

1. No enterprise admin rights (they are required if the user(s) have for example a Mobile Phone attached)
  2. Litigation hold is enabled on your hosting plan, this prevents deletion

You could also check for further information in the normal eventlog of the AD / Hosted Org / Exchange server which should give some further clues as to why it denies you.

Regards,

Marco

(@luvvie)

This is a migration from WebsitePanel. Litigation hold is not enabled on the hosting plan. Enterprise Admin rights are required where? - can you clarify please. I'm pretty sure It all worked fine before the migration and we could delete users and mailboxes individually. If I try to create a mailbox for the user who's mailbox has been deleted I cannot open the browse button to find the user. Oddly when I delete a user who has a mailbox I can and the both the user and the mailbox are removed.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

You will have to look at things from a new perspective.

A migration means for example total different Web.configs (which controls your IIS Caching settings / filtering / and more for example).

I'm assuming it's your win auth enabled / caching / filtering / etc sections that prevent it from "showing" properly.

as i mentioned before it's highly unlikely it's Database issues (especially when you migrated) so i would really look into this very last, first check over iis settings.

I can confirm however that the delete funtion works as expected for me with SolidCP (on both my migrated environment and dev environment).

Additionally you can also compare the sections with your old servers to gain some clues on custom configurations and such.

(@haodeon)

Hi,

Are you trying to delete the very first created user in an organisation?

I've recently encountered this error myself, it is also a migration from WSP. For me I was trying to delete the first user created in a hosted exchange organisation. It would not let me until I did some things to user's mailbox so that it would no longer have an email address associated with the primary domain.

Page 1 / 3
Share: