I just upgraded from Website Panel 1.2 to SolidCP 1.4.0 and from Windows 2008 to Windows 2012 R2. When I try to do anything with websites in the CP, I get SoapExecption errors. Just clicking a domain results in this error on the Web Site Properties page:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. —> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SolidCP.Providers.Web.IIs70.GetSite(String siteId)
at SolidCP.Server.WebServer.GetSite(String siteId)
— End of inner exception stack trace —

Trying to add a new subdomain results in this very similar error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. —> System.Exception: Error executing ‘ADD’ task on ‘zzz.mydomain.com’ WEB_SITE —> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. —> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SolidCP.Providers.Web.IIs70.SiteExists(String siteId)
at SolidCP.Server.WebServer.SiteExists(String siteId)
— End of inner exception stack trace —

I’m now running IIS8, but these errors appear to be trying to use an IIS70 method path — is that an issue?

I’m trying to update my website settings and must get this working. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Answered question