SolidCP server password

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@karephre)
Eminent Member

Team,

Long story short, I am creating Windows rollout scripts that will automate a full VPS rollout with web, email, Mysql, MSSQL, and Solid cp installed and ready to go within minutes.

I'm 98% complete but have run into an issue, with recreating the SolidCP server password hash without using the install tool.

Everything this else is working and connecting without any issue, but when I try to make changes to the server inside of SolidCP. I receive the below error:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.SecurityFault: Message did not meet security requirements.
When I update the the "Connection Setting", everything works, but like i said before. I wanted this fully automated.
I see that it updates the ADpassword in the server table.
My question is what is used to create the hash in the web.cong under Solidcp Server and the ADPassword.
If I can recreate this in a script, then I will be good to go.
Thanks

6 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

You can take a look at the ps deployment script Marc made:  http://installer.solidcp.com/Files/stable/Tools/SolidCP-Configuration-Tool.zip

It automates most deployments just as your trying to achieve, and uses the SolidCP Silent installer for the solidcp server/ portal / enterprise / webdav (cloud storage) portal.

I think the answer would be somewhere in that powershell script.

Alternatively i can also ask Marc to have a chat with you if your intrested?

Regards,

Marco

Topic starter
(@karephre)
Eminent Member

I will scroll thru the code, and see if it has what I need in it and will update this answer. I think I use this one to roll baseline server, but if I find what I need, then the users webhosting domain and all will be configured and ready to go out the box.

thanks

Topic starter
(@karephre)
Eminent Member

Ok,

So I ran a test, and it will install it just fine, but since the database is already created, It did not update the password in the database to connect the server.

Is there a switch to rest the SolidCP server password silently?

v/r

Topic starter
(@karephre)
Eminent Member

Any update on a switch that resets the password silently ?

v/r

Page 1 / 2
Share: