Unable to create Global Retention Policy and Tags

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@defende)

Hello everyone,

we are facing a serious problem with SolidCP and Exchange 2016:
using the superadmin user, we can't create the Global Retention policy and Tags in ECM.
The policies are created in the solidcp webgui, but in Exchange Management Console nothing appears.
If we manually create the GLOBAL Retention Policies and Tags in ECM, they are working correctly.

We are able to create USER Retention Policy and USER Retention Tags, they are regularly applied and are working correctly

All these operation were done using superadmin user, and no problem had risen... until Global Retention Policies and Global Retention Tags.

How can we solve/investigate/diagnose this issue?
Thanks in advance

Marco.

8 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

The first question i would have is: which solidcp version are you using? (as i know there was a bug in wsp / solidcp which where only fixed in v1.1.0 regarding global retention policies)

Secondary: can you check in the Event log of the Exchange server that has SolidCP Server on there? then check for SolidCP events and exchange events (warnings / errors).

they should give a clue normally

Topic starter
(@defende)

Hello Marco,
thanks for the answer.

The version is the latest 1.1.1
In the eventlog I see some warnings:

WARNING: Exchange Invoke error: The operation couldn't be performed because object 'SCPPolicyTag1_DeletePermanentRecoverable7' couldn't be found on server1.server.local
WARNING: Exchange Invoke error: For tags of type RecoverableItems, the only valid RetentionAction is MoveToArchive. To configure the Delete action, please run the command 'Set-Mailbox -RetainDeletedItemsFor'.
WARNING: Exchange Invoke error: The operation couldn't be performed because object 'SCPPolicy1_PolicyBase' couldn't be found on server1.server.local
WARNING: Exchange Invoke error: No retention policy tag with name 'SCPPolicyTag1_DeletePermanentRecoverable7' was found in the Active Directory.  Make sure the retention policy tag name is spelled correctly.

Thanks for your help
Marco

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

hmm,

Can you check if they exist in Exchange? (using ECP)

If not can you try and re-save them? (once during testing i saw i had to save them 3x before policy + tags where fully created, i wonder if you ran into the same issue).

Topic starter
(@defende)

Hello,
they doesn't exist in Exchange.
I've tried to create some Global Tags and save them (trying to save many times) but unfortunately they doesn't appear in Exchange.

Furthermore, we have 3 Global policies that we are unable to delete (where is the delete button?) 🙁
Pulling hair out!

Page 1 / 2
Share: