Clear all

Updated to 2016 and lost IIS

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@diamondit)

Hi All,

I have updated my enterprise and portal server to 2016, after doing so its lost all my iis settings.

Is there any way of just reinstalling the IIS parts of solid cp retaining all my settings?

Thanks

Michael

11 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

Can you clarify what iis settings you exactly lost? like iis settings in portal it self, IIS default settings,  IIS websites / app pools inside IIS or inside solidCP?

By default no update should ever touch anything of IIS or modify any database tables, it just purely touches SolidCP files and adds some additional procedures/ colomns / tables to the database.

SolidCP is pretty much equal to a website with a database so much like updating a wordpress site or joomla site SolidCP can be restored by simply placing it's file and db backup back.

Regards,

Marco

Topic starter
(@diamondit)

When i updated the server it did not keep IIS so i have had to reinstall IIS so therefore there are no sites for solid CP, is there a way of restoring them

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

did you take any backup or similar in solidcp?
or better: an iis config export with crypto keys?

You can optionally also check if the iis history directory is still left behind which might have a backup of all the configurations which you could restore

other then that their not really a way through solidcp to auto re-create them when their no longer there

Topic starter
(@diamondit)

prior to doing the windows server update i done a auto solidcp update, would that have done the backup?

i didnt do any backups unfortunately as i didnt expect iis to not get updated with the server

Page 1 / 3
Share: