Clear all

Error in web portal in new SolidCP 1.4.2 version on windows server 2016

25 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@batraonline)
Eminent Member

Error in web portal in new SolidCP version after installing on windows server 2016
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByAddress(IPAddress address, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at Microsoft.Web.Services3.DnsCache.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapTcpTransport..ctor(XmlNodeList configData)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

24 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

Can you check your IIS Bindings (Portal / enterprise)?

Aswell as the Database connection (enterprise web.config)?

make sure the Portal --> enterprise connection is correct by checking the PortalApp_DataSiteSettings.config --> make sure the Enterprise URL Matches the IIS Binding set for SolidCP Enterprise.

Regards,

Marco

Topic starter
(@batraonline)
Eminent Member

Bindings are correct.

The database connectionstring was setup by default during installation, so I assume it should be correct. I think I left it as Windows Authentication.

Anything else I can check?

Topic starter
(@batraonline)
Eminent Member

Please help as I am stuck and can't move forward.

I have installed Stand alone installation. It installed SCP server and before that I had SCP ASP.NET - is there any difference in two?

Should I switch from Windows authentication for SQL Server connection?

What else can I check to resolve this error?

Thank you,

Anil

Admin
(@trobinson)
Noble Member

Hello,

Please keep to one forum post for your issue. Having multiple posts for the same issue causes the community unable to make clear answers and suggestions. Do note that all other posts about this issue have now been removed.

There are no differences between the stand-alone and ASP versions of SolidCP except that the stand-alone has all 3 components bundled into one.

Once you have installed SolidCP did you try to customise the bindings or http redirect which has led to the error your now receiving?

Kind Regards,

Trevor Robinson

Page 1 / 5
Share: