13 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

I'm pretty confident this issue isn't caused by installing SolidCP 🙂

I only seen this in one ocasion where the default IIS dir got removed and IIS had alot of issues running since (it requires it's default inetpub and sub folders to run proper).

If you remove Enterprise it will remove the database aswell so make sure you take a backup for it.

Regards,

Marco

Topic starter
(@aldar)

What I did,

1. backup database
  2. uninstall IIS
  3. uninstall all three components of solidcp.
  4. reinstall IIS
  5. reinstall all three components of solidcp
  6. restore database.

I didn't backup "C:SolidCP" folder.

After that, I can't login to SolidCP site. it says "Wrong credentials

Wrong user name or password have been specified or account is locked."

What can I do now?

Ric
(@ric)
Trusted Member

What is the value for ‘OneTimePasswordState’ in the dbo.Users table for serveradmin in the SCP database?

I had an issue where the serveradmin account was locked out (2) and I had to set it manually back to 0 ( https://solidcp.com/forum/question/reset-forgotten-serveradmin-password/ )

The only other thing I can think of is the cipher key in web.config for Enterprise Server causing an issue because you restored the database but not the config.  However I am not 100% sure about this, Marco or Trevor should be able to confirm.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Yeah as Ric mentioned: Wrong password issue is caused by the Enterprise web.config cipher key not matching.

Make sure you open up the backed up enterprise web.config --> look for the Cipher value, and place it in your current web.config.

Topic starter
(@aldar)

If I haven't backed up web.config file, there is no way I can restore backed up database, am I right?

Page 2 / 3
Share: