What are cookies?
- Cookies are widely used tiny pieces of software (files) that are installed on a computer or mobile device when an individual visits a website.
- Windows Explorer, which is one of the main internet browsers, will usually store these files in a folder called ‘cookies’ in ‘documents and permissions’ on computers running Microsoft Windows.
- Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user on an individual computer has previously visited the site. The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future.
By using and browsing the SolidCP website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
What types of cookies are we using?
Broadly, we use 2 types of cookie:
- Session cookies – these expire when you close your browser and do not remain on your computer.
- Persistent cookies – these are stored long term on your computer for a defined period of time.
What cookies does the SolidCP website use?
|This is used to store the unique session ID for each visitor and enables variables to be remembered and passed between page loads. The cookie only contains a reference to a session stored on the web server, personal information is not stored in the user’s browser. This is a session only cookie so expires as soon as the browser is closed.
|This is used to check if cookies are allowed for the browser. This is a session only cookie so expires as soon as the browser is closed.
|This is used to indicate who you are and some personal interface options to identify you. This is a session only cookie so expires as soon as the browser is closed.
|This cookie allows our forum to track any options and pages used along with temporary file uploads. This is a persistent cookie and will expire after 24 hours of your last visit to our site.