Exchange 2016 - Error while installing service on the remote server

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@innov8it-solutions)

Hi Guys,

Followed the guide, but ran into this small issue:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Can not create 'Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server 2016' provider instance with 'SolidCP.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2016, SolidCP.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2016' type ---> Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type

Unsure what I'm missing.

11 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

Can you double check the Providers database table and make sure the provider ID 92 exists?

if it doesn't you should run the sql script inside enterprise-update.zip

PS: do note exchange 2016 is still in beta.

Regards,

Marco

8 Replies
(@innov8it-solutions)

Yep provider 92 exists, I ran the update script prior to trying this out, I'm placing the test users in a separate MailDB while going the beta updates a spin

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

Alright,
and where exactly did you encounter this issue? (creating mailbox, or anything else?)

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

>.< never mind that question, from the titel you get this issue when trying to add the service?

As your DB is correct, how is your SCP Server module? if it's upgraded from older versions in web.config you should have bin/Exchange2016; in there.
and the 2016 module should ofcourse be present in the server/bin/Exchange2016 folder

(@innov8it-solutions)

I have updated the server software on both mail, and the panel server, I now have this issue:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: The signature or decryption was invalid ---> WSE523: The CipherData contents are invalid

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

That issue generally means the password value has been overwritten in the SCP Server web.config (making the original password invalid)

do you still have a backup of the old server web.config? if so look up the password value and paste it in the new web.config

PS:
if you don't got an original web.config you can generally find the SCP Server password value back from the Installer config in the installer directory. (if you installed it with SolidCP Installer)

(@innov8it-solutions)

I was lucky that the pw was on one of the nameservers, I can now verify that if you run the current installer on an Exch2016 then take the beta server files and update them and make that change to it does install successfully,

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

Glad to hear you got it working.
I did edit my previous comment with another location where you can find the password as well (in the installer config).

Let me know if you encounter any other issues with Exchange 2016, I'm hoping we can test it very well before it hits stable. (the upgrade procedure will be more easy for stable, and there after pretty much just a click of a button with the new auto update 🙂 )

(@innov8it-solutions)

Your guide could use some refining, however everything works from the active directory side.

1: I have a sub OU in my HostedClients called testorg (this is expected)
2. I created a test user (I failed my own password policy which resulted in an error -1 the user was created but disabled, second attempt ended up with test1_testorg user all enabled, I have a testorg security group, and a disabled public folder mailbox)
3. No mailbox created, no indication as to what happened when I try and login to OWA
4. A public folder for testorg does exist
5.Expected accepted domain exists

(@davide)
Eminent Member

Hi Marco,

I wish to use the Beta for Exchange 2016 for a completly new Exchange 2016 installation (DC + Mailbox Role + Edge Role + SolidCP on a dedicated separated server). Where can I download latest beta version?

Thank you.

1 Reply
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

Currently the Beta is only available in zip package as i did not yet make a beta feed.
I'm hoping to provide a beta feed somewhere in upcoming week

Untill then the most easy way is to install the stable, then overwrite the files with beta zip's:

http://installer.solidcp.com/Files/beta/

Make sure that the SCPServer web.config has some changes at the bottom similar to: binexchange2016 which needs to be added to your existing web.config.

Share: