Clear all

SolidCP on Windows Server 2003

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@evrinsoft)

hi,

As mentioned in minimum requirements, SolidCP should be able to run under windows server 2003 but it seems new version uses .NET 4.5 which is not supported.

which (older) version of SolidCP is still compatible with windows server 2003 and .net <= 4.0 ?

Regards

6 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

For the Server component we made asp.net v2.0 version which you can use.

for the Enterprise and Portal components if i remember correctly you can max have v1.0.3 running.

Please note that we highly recommend to upgrade away from 2003, as all the security flaws of the past 1 to 2 years are simply wide open op 2003.

Regards,

Marco

Topic starter
(@evrinsoft)

Thank you Marco for recommendation but this is our special purpose server for older apps.

To be specific, server works fine both on 9002 and 9003, the main website on 9001 does not work. I hoped accessing the source code and compiling under .NET 4 may solve my problem but I realized that it is private.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

hmm it might prove difficult to compile it under 4.0 due to pages being scripted with 4.5 but you can try.

The source is available as long as you sign up for the Contributors License Agreement. (due to previous issues with the source we have left it for registered members only at this point).

Topic starter
(@evrinsoft)

I signed the CLA but still Git repo lacks the register box.

Page 1 / 2
Share: