Clear all

Working For A While And Now ... HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@tekkguy)
Eminent Member

I had SolidCP 1.2.1 working on my local machine for a while. Then suddenly yesterday I started getting a "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable." error. I tried to no avail a whole number of ways to fix it. Finally, I decided to uninstall and delete everything and reinstall with the latest version (v1.4.1) on my Windows 7 Machine. Installation was successful after a few failed attempts. I go to access the site, same error. I am at a complete loss...
The Event Viewer has three items:

1. WARNING (5021): The identity of application pool SolidCP Server Pool is invalid. The user name or password that is specified for the identity may be incorrect, or the user may not have batch logon rights. If the identity is not corrected, the application pool will be disabled when the application pool receives its first request. If batch logon rights are causing the problem, the identity in the IIS configuration store must be changed after rights have been granted before Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) can retry the logon. If the identity remains invalid after the first request for the application pool is processed, the application pool will be disabled. The data field contains the error number.
  2. WARNING (5057): Application pool SolidCP Server Pool has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) did not create a worker process to serve the application pool because the application pool identity is invalid.
  3. ERROR (5059): Application pool SolidCP Server Pool has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) encountered a failure when it started a worker process to serve the application pool.

I checked the SolidCP accounts (Portal, Server, and Enterprise) and they appear to be defined correctly. I also check Local Policies and made sure that IIS_IUSRS was listed in "Log on as batch job". I don't know what else to try, and I have no clue why it worked last week and yesterday just decided to stop working.
Does anyone have any clues?
-Ben

11 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,
Error 503 is generally always a stopped application pool.
The error your seeing is that the application pool stopped due to invalid identity (windows user)
Usually simply checking the user, maybe re-setting password (on windows user and then set it in the app pool) should do the trick.
Maybe you have a password experation policy or password policy which rejected the users password?
Regards,
Marco

Topic starter
(@tekkguy)
Eminent Member

Marco,

Thank you for the speedy response. This is my local machine, which has no expiration policy. And if the Password Policy rejected the password complexity, wouldn't the install have encountered an error when creating the SolidCP accounts?

Can I change the passwords to the three user accounts (Server, Portal, and Enterprise) manually through Computer Manager in windows to test this theory? Is there anything else I would need to do, or should I change the passwords elsewhere?

-Ben

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

I would first check the application pools state in IIS Management.
see if 1 or all 3 are stopped.
whichever is stopped --> check the user used --> reset it's password in computer management --> then set the password in Application pool advanced settings. (requires setting user + password not just password).
Thats all that needs to be done.

Topic starter
(@tekkguy)
Eminent Member

Marco,
Each AppPool would crash the first time the associated website was accessed. So I went and updated all three account passwords in Windows, reset them in the IIS AppPools with the new passwords, and restarted all the stopped AppPools. Then I tried to access the sites again, same error and the AppPools to associated website stopped.
-Ben

Page 1 / 3
Share: