Clear all

Working For A While And Now ... HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

And you still receive the same event error that application pool identity is not valid?

Topic starter
(@tekkguy)
Eminent Member

Marco,

Correct, the same three items in the Event Viewer, 2 Warnings, and 1 Error.

-Ben

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Well,
Not really sure then.. the issue is straight forward that IIS is not accepting the Windows users/ pass defined in application pool.
Normally the setup, aswell as manual reset should give you a simple fix. (for any website not just SolidCP).
You could try a more simple password like: hyCbtadxj53b3Qduqbwc
or try a reboot and see if something changes.

Topic starter
(@tekkguy)
Eminent Member

Marco,

I am at a complete loss as to why the Windows system is continuing to complain that the Identity being used is invalid, especially when the install is fresh, all the information was created new. I have tried everything that I could think of and find online to resolve this to no avail.

At this point, I contacted our Networking Department. While I use SolidCP for my local machine to test and manage my development environments, I wonder if there is some sort of Group Policy that our networking team implemented that is overriding my local system and causing SolidCP not to function. I am not as familiar with policies, so I can only hope they fess up or fix what they changed (if they did). I can't see any other explanation as to why this worked and then just suddenly stopped.

-Ben

Topic starter
(@tekkguy)
Eminent Member

Ok, so I have resolved my problem. For anyone else having the same issue, I am adding this to record my solution. When I have a problem to solve, I am like a dog with a bone, and I will not let it go. So I kept digging...

In the Event Viewer, on the 1st of the three errors (WARNING: 5021), I noticed in the "Details" tab there some more information, specifically the "Binary Data", which shows a code "80070700". So I searched for this code as it related to the WAS Event 5021, and it led me to information about the NetLogon service. So I went and opened my Services window and checked, to find that the NetLogon service was not running and it was set to "Manual". So I started the service manually and attempted to access my websites, and BINGO, they worked! So now I flipped the NetLogon service properties to "Automatic" so that it starts when Windows starts.

I hope that this helps anyone else that has this issue in the future.

I only wish I figured this out before I erased my previous instance that was all set up, I lost all my settings and now have to re-create or import every Server, IIS Website, Database, etc... Not thrilled about having lost all my data...but live and learn.

-Ben

Page 2 / 3
Share: