System.Net.WebEx...

Notifications
Clear all

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 weba
Topic starter
(@weba)

Hi,

I was still running Websitepanel and suddenly websitepanel stopped working. When going to the portal the message below follows.

So I thought this is the time to convert to SolidCP. Did the conversion but big surpise; same error so must be IIS related or something.

I am running windows Server Web(2007) service pack 2. I hope you guys can point me in the right direction. I have no idea at the moment.

thx

Michel

[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.]
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +233599
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +270
SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.esAuthentication.GetSystemSetupMode() +53
SolidCP.Portal.Login.EnsureSCPA() +34
SolidCP.Portal.Login.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +45
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +109
SolidCP.Portal.SolidCPModuleBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +34
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +68
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +165
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4498

2 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request is a bit of a tricky error as the cause can be any number of things.

However since you said it happened suddenly i would double check IIS Management, make sure pages like Authentication open properly without any errors in Enterprise/ Portal/ Server.

I would also make sure Windows auth is disabled. on all 3 sites.

Other things that could cause it are security measurements (IP Request filtering in IIS) or even asp.net protection (i only ever seen that once with an unknown brand).

In the end focus on all aspects in and around IIS as it should give you the clues you need to narrow down and fix the issue.

Regards,

Marco

(@kailash)
Eminent Member

There could be many reasons for 400 Bad request error. Do you have other websites  on the same server and are they working properly?

Share: