Oke we fixed it already!
There is a configuration issue on the Exchange server with the Authentication Providers set in the PowerShell website.
The authentication needs to be configured on the PowerShell website on the Exchange Mailbox Server:
- Establish a remote connection to the Exchange server in question.
- Click Run and enter
- Expand the server in the left-hand pane.
- Expand the Sites and Default Web Site trees, and then click PowerShell.
- Double-click Authentication under the IIS section.
- Right-click on Windows Authentication, and then select Activate.
- Views1057 times
- Answers1 answer
[Migration] Best versions of panels to make migration from MSPControl 0 Answers | 0 Votes
about handler mapping 0 Answers | 0 Votes
delete domain 2 Answers | 0 Votes
Missing ‘Authenticated Users’ permissions on client OU causes error during setup of SharePoint Site 2 Answers | 0 Votes
Enterprise Import tool Doesn’t Add The Custom Attribute to imported Users 0 Answers | 0 Votes