I will admit that I’m more of a Linux person when it comes to web servers, so please bear with me
- Is MSSQL Express ok to use for SolidCP deployment or is it recommended to have the expensive licensed version?
- I do not have an Exchange Mail Server and see the other options on the software page but I have not used any of them so what is a reliable mail server option that won’t break the bank?
- What SPAM/Virus software for end users email in/out?
I’m just looking for suggestions on what others are using and then can investigate further based on that, but like I mentioned I’m pretty new to Windows web server stuff and rather not use another product PL*** but it does include many things I asked about above.
- MSSQL Express should be fine unless you plan for a clustered or large environment (express has a 10Gb database limit, now to fill that up with SolidCP you generally have more then 8000 users if not more).
- This is more of a personal choise, but for basic pop3/imap/smtp with webmail mailenable is generally a good choise (free)
- This is generally included with the mailserver choise, unless you have Exchange which really requires a spam filter infront. we have mailcleaner and spamexperts integration for both exchange and mailservers such as mailenable.
Hope this helps a little.
Thank You for the reply and answers to my questions
Your answers give me a way forward
Looks like MailEnable Standard is exactly what I need/want for starting out then upgrade to their professional in time if need be.
- Views1632 times
- Answers4 answers