I got few inquiries as am beginning to finalize SCP along with Hyper-V, but I found few features missing or some ambiguities id like to understand, for example :-
- Exported VPS Path, i can’t find such option allowing the user to Export his VPS, and can it be exported to whole different partition on the server?
- What are hosting add-ons and how to use them ??…
- in WHMCS i wish to add what is called Configurable Options, those are optional Upgrades such as RAM, Disk Partition Upgrades etc…, say a hosting package is only configured in SCP with 2 GB RAM, same as the hosting package on my website, but the client places an order for additional 2 GB RAM, can SCP figure this out somehow and provide 2 GB RAM extra for the client VM ?? or does it need to be handled manually ??
- Same scenario id like to give the user the option to chose either RAID0 or RAID10 partition, can SCP move him to a different partition somehow ??…
- How to provision Linux machines ?? Just add the template of linux fresh installation and then add username and network address manually ??
- re-install VM option not working ??.. and can the client have KVM/IPMI session to install his own OS from the ones i make available to him or not ??…
- Does Moving a VM between two servers running SCP and configured require both servers to be joined on a Domain or not ??…
Many Thanks !…
can you please create a ticket (just go to “My Account” -> “My Tickets”). I think it should be possible to quote for a paid customization, but this is more related to the SolidCP management.
Sorry for the delay in my response.
You can export when it is deleted. You can set the folder in the Hyper-V provider.
Hosted add-ons are extra resources that can be added after the fact. Say if somebody purchased a extra 10GB ram.
You should be using Add-ons for a extra 2GB ram.
SolidCP is not able to place a VM based on the Raid level of the drive.
Currently it is not possible to make Linux VMs inside SolidCP. You can make a blank vhd with sysprep file but it has to be installed manually.
How is reinstall not working? Currently the KVM access to the VM doesn’t work we do have it on the list to be fixed but currently no date set against it.
I believe you do need to have AD for the server migration.
Thank you Trevor, your comments are at most valued !…
I was unable to find the Re-Install VPS Option when logged in as the user, although it was added during the creation of his VPS, I could only find reset, and that doesn’t work either:(
The only options working for the user are: Start, Pause, Reboot, Shutdown, Snapshot, etc…
Also any ETA when will WHMCS support VPS management functions and if you can do a custom WHMCS module for this purpose ?…
Also I read the tutorial here since i cant find no where explaining how to add and manage Hosting Add-Ons:
I did add (in SCP) a new test hosting add-on called 1 GB RAM, i then went to the client services and it didnt show an icon as in the tutorial above to add Hosting Add-On !! Also i made sure to pick the appropriate Service for the addon (Virtual Server 2012), i then went through all over SCP but can’t find anything mentioning Add Host-Addon for that particular test client !.. Any Help in this regards would be greatly appreciated, as am sure clients facing the same difficulty will search the forum in future and your guidance will help them too !..
Right now you can use WHMCS with configurable options and assign a SolidCP hosting addon to it. So the SolidCP addon will be provisioned automatically as soon as the client choose a WHMCS configurable option. This is how we are working right now and it works pretty smooth. If a customer downgrade the WHMCS configurable option or change the quantity, then it will also be changed in SolidCP.
If you have installed the WHMCS module and connected to SolidCP enterprise server successfully, you can add the view for this module for administrators in WHMCS and then go in the WHMCS admin area to “Addons”->”SolidCP module”. There you can enable the syncing of configurable options in the main tab and then go “Configurable options” tab. Here you need two IDs.
One ID is from the configurable option (you can find it in WHMCS admin if you go to the administration of the configurable option where you adjust the prices of this option and inspect the html source code with the browser. You will find for each configurable option name something like that: <input type=”text” name=”optionname” value=”” class=”form-control” style=”min-width:180px;”>. The WHMCS ID of this option is 50.
The second ID is on the SolidCP side. You can find the right SolidCP addon id if you go to the addon page and take a look at the URL: https://URL.TOSOLIDCP.COM/Default.aspx?pid=HostingAddons&mid=XX&ctl=edit_addon&PlanID=73&UserID=XX. In this case the SolidCP addon ID is 73.
In the SolidCP module page inside the WHMCS admin are you can add a new assignment on the configurable options tab. Here you just put the WHMCS ID of the configurable option and the SolidCP addon id. I’ve planned to implement a selection of both IDs from the admin area of the WHMCS SolidCP module, but right now haven’t found the time to implement it.
From now on the automation for this WHMCS confirable option will work also inside SolidCP, when a UpgradePackage function or a new order in WHMCS will be placed. You can test it inside a WHMCS product if you change the configurable option and then press the “Change Package” button in the middle of the page.
Regarding VPS management functions there are no plans right now to implement it into the WHMCS module. Can you describe a bit, what kind of functions would you need?
Thank you Bodgan, but am still having issues connecting to the server from whmcs, as i think i still don’t have PHP installed on my HOST server, which am working on right now…
Regarding your last question all I need for WHMCS to be able to do the following through the module:-
- Autoprovision VM upon client order (Exact steps made in SolidCP) Assign IP Address, Install OS, update client VM info in WHMCS and email him…
- Management options: Start, Pause, Reboot, Shutdown, Reset. (A Must)
- Mini resources showing CPU, RAM and HDD.
- DVD, Snapshot…
Basically the options showing for client in SCP i need them to show up in WHCMS “Client Area” besides auto provisioning and suspension, Configurable options, VM Login details to be handled automatically…
- Views8173 times
- Answers10 answers