During my in progress saga to move my websites from Mspcontrol to SolidCP, I realize the Let’s Encrypt is renewing the certificates automatically without errors, which is great! But I got two questions:
- At the SolidCP Panel, Tab ‘SSL’ in ‘Certificate Info’ section shows the wrong Expiration Date, then, if a user opens the Panel to check the certificate he will think that the certificate has not been renewed.
- The Tab ‘SSL’, when I click the button ‘Renew Certificate’ it opens the page ‘Generate Renewal Request’ instead of renew the Let’s Encrypt certificate! How can I renew the Let’s Encrypt certificate by the SolidCp panel?
I ran into the exact same issue Click Here for LE Renewal Post
Basically I deleted the files for the specific websites in the path described in the link, went back to the websites control panel under SSL and clicked delete certificate. I was then able to add a new certificate. I wish the renewal worked but since SCP and LE are made by helpful people and free for the community I cannot complain (much) 😉 .
Can you check if the issue still persists in the 1.4.4 version of SolidCP?
I have upgraded to version 1.4.4, below are the tests:
1 – In Event Viewer I could notice that the Lets Encrypt was updated to version: Software version “22.214.171.1246” (“RELEASE”)
But when I install a new certificate I have this error in Event Viewer, for x86 and x64:
2 – I tryed to install Lets Encrypt for Preview Domains, it is still not possible.
3 – Renew Lets Encrypt certificate using the button ‘Renew Certificate’ it is still showing the ‘Generate Renewal Request’:
4 – If we Install a new Lets Encrypt certificate before remove the old one, a lot of erros happen, for example:
to delete the Lets Encrypt certificate, it shows the error:
“Error deleting certificate”
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.WebServerController.DeleteCertificate(Int32 siteId, SSLCertificate certificate)
The ‘Certificate Info’ section, became blank
But in version 1.4.3, when I install a new Lets Encrypt certificate the system override the old certificate with the new one, doing in this way I was able to “renew” the certificate as the button ‘Renew Certificate’ doesn’t work.
- In your first screenshot i see the last error was a warning. Can you please share the details of this?
- (see above)
- The generate CSR screen is made for a normal CSR not for Lets Encrypt.
- Can you please go to Windows Eventlog -> Applications -> Solidcp and let me know any errors you can see when trying to complete the task.
- Sure, there were two Warnings:
3. Then, how would we can Renew the Let’s Encrypt by the Portal? The correct way would be to Remove the Certificate and Install a new one?
4. I believe the main problem is related with the fact that inside the SolidCP database it creates multiple lines of the same certificate (each time I click ‘Install Let’s Encrypt certificate’ button it creates a new line in database), if I remove the old one the Certificate Info section starts to work again.
3. That would be correct but there is a scheduled task on the server which should automatically renew the certificate.
4. I believe the double certificate is due to using the CSR tab which means the database needs to track both the current installed one and a new one which is in the process of being signed by an external CA.
For LE you are best to delete the current certificate and then install an LE one.
- Views283 times
- Answers6 answers