Clear all

Unable to create or modify mailbox. SolidCP 1.4.6 Exchange 2010

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@andrejl_ts)

Hello,

Very satisfied with the software, we are using it in production for Exchage hosting.

I hope someone could help me with this strange problem or give me a hint on where to look for more. 

At first, I thought It might be an error in .NET or Exchange, but since - the error is only for two customers - for all other customers everything is working fine. For these two, that have errors, I can do the tasks manually through Exchange Control Panel, ADUC or Powershell, so I really don't know where to look for more.

I couldn't find any errors in Windows Event Logs at the times of errors (not System, not Application, not Exchange, not SolidCP). Only warnings that accounts do not have pictures.

For now, I am leaning towards debugging the application to see which commands it's trying to execute and try to figure out what I need to fix.

We have a problem with (only) two customers.

- I cannot create a new mailbox,

- I cannot edit settings or permissions,

- I cannot view existing mailbox settings,

- I cannot view user membership,

- I cannot view MalFlow settings,

- I can create a NEW customer (with space, add-ons, users, mailboxes, groups, everything) under the customer and set everything on them without any problems.

- I can edit any mailbox or user details on any other customer.

Our setup:

We have several customers created on several resellers.

Two node SolidCP 1.4.6 (Enterprise + Portal on Server 2008R2, running .net 4.6.1)

- Disclaimer: Old, I know, we are transitioning to 1.4.9 on another set of servers to Exchange 2019. But for now, we must work with what we have in production. I cannot just move them at the moment.

DC 2016 on Server 2016

SQL 2014 on Server 2012R2

Exchange 2010 (3x CAS + 3x MBX in DAG, no Edge servers) on Server 2008R2

- .NET 4.0 installed on Exchange CAS servers (SolidCP Server running .net 4)

- .NET 2.0 installed on Exchange MBX servers (Should there be a SolidCP server component running on these as well?)

What I checked:

- Server passwords ok

- Server instances on Exchange servers OK (

- Exchange working ok (Running on server 2008R2) - I can manually perform any task with Ex powershell that errors through the portal.

------

Attached screenshot of errors (stitched)

------

No errors are visible in SolidCP Event Logs in Windows (on any server)

No errors are visible in Exchange server event logs (on any server)

------

SolidCP Event Log:

00:00:00
Org ID: 1201
Org Name: O
Account ID: 2676
Account Name: uros
Sam Account Name: DOMAIN\uros
Display Name: Uroš
Email Address: uros@example.com
Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text removed link
The request failed with the error message:
--

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at SolidCP.Providers.Exchange.ExchangeServer.GetMobileDevices(String accountName)
at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.ExchangeServerController.GetMobileDevices(Int32 itemId, Int32 accountId)

Thank you very much in advance.

Andrej Ličar,

Telekom Slovenije

1 Reply
Topic starter
(@andrejl_ts)

Let me answer my own question if somebody also finds a similar error.

Found the error in Application Log on one of the MBX servers. It turns out, SolidCP Server IIS website is needed on all Exchange Servers (CAS and MBX) and it needed to be .NET 4. (.NET 2.0 was installed and the Server page was not working). 

Initially it was installed only on one server. And that one had wrong .NET version installed. After Updating the .NET version on the MBX servers and installing SolidCP server also on the other two MBX servers and adding them to the portal in Servers (even though they are not used ? ) everything started working normally.

Andrej

Share: