Wordpress installation by web app gallery is giving error..
Hello, I'm a newbie with solidcp but i'm an old websitepanel user. I installed SolidCP and looks everything done. But when i try to install wordpress I faced some problems.
First I got database creation error and I tried to create database manually on SolidCP Panel. Then I tried again to install wordpress and this time I got this error:
- PackageInstallationError:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.; at SolidCP.Server.Code.WpiHelper.InstallApplication(String appId, List`1 updatedValues, String languageId, EventHandler`1 installStatusUpdatedHandler, EventHandler`1 installCompleteHandler, String& log, String& failedMessage) at SolidCP.Providers.Web.WPIWebApplicationGallery.WPIApplicationGallery.InstallApplication(Int32 UserId, String webAppId, List`1 updatedParameters, String languageId, StringResultObject& result) at SolidCP.Providers.Web.IIs60.InstallGalleryApplication(Int32 UserId, String webAppId, List`1 updatedValues, String languageId)
My server: Windows Server 2016, MySQL 5.7.17, I installed required dependencies before try to install wp.
After this error I tried to open website directly and wordpress installation page opened. I selected language, filled form for created wp admin user and now website is working well.
Is there anyone could tell me why I'm getting this error while installing wordpress to a website? Why I couldnt create database directly from install page? Thank you for your answers..
Just to confirm it is when the WebApp Gallery attempts to create the database but you can create the database manually through SCP?
Couple of things off the top of my head:
- Is MySQL on the same server as the hosting space? If not have you checked the Windows firewall (similar SCP issue here).
- Have you selected the 'always ignore dependencies' option in the SCP server config?
- Have you verified that all SCP config for MySQL is correct?
- What is the database name size? 16 characters and above will have issues (including any pre/post suffix)
- What version of MySQL NET Connector are you running?
I must admit I find the WebApp Gallery 'create DB' a bit flakey and always advise my customers that they create the DB manually first through SCP then just select 'Use existing database' when installing WordPress through SCP.
Hope some of that helps.
Just run into the same issue and tried your suggestion of creating a new database first but I received the same error
- Is MySQL on the same server as the hosting space? If not have you checked the Windows firewall (similar SCP issue here). - different server and SCP and web server can connect to mysql server
- Have you selected the ‘always ignore dependencies’ option in the SCP server config? - looking for this feature - where can I find it?
- Have you verified that all SCP config for MySQL is correct? - verified
- What is the database name size? 16 characters and above will have issues (including any pre/post suffix) less than 16 chars
- What version of MySQL NET Connector are you running? - latest version
Any other suggestions?
This is something went wrong while installing WordPress, I am also a user of Solidcp for a long time and never faced any issue, but for hosting WordPress websites, I am using managed WordPress hosting platform with Cloudways, you should try them.