I’m Trevor from the SolidCP team. With the recent release of version 1.1.2 and alot of bugs being fixed (750+ commits since we released version 1.0.0) and extra features added. We would like to get some feedback from the community.
What are the things you would like to see? What are we doing wrong and right?
All comments are welcomed and will be discussed by the contributors at our next meeting.
First off fantastic work on SCP since launch to everyone involved, it has been a huge success!
For me, whilst it is in the road map, it is the ability to manage Linux-based machines. To expand out my hosting into Linux and perhaps software such as OwnCloud is/would be of huge benefit.
Also, it would be handy to show the email alias mappings from/to on a single page. At the moment to verify where the alias maps to the customer has to click on each alias one at a time. If it could show a table-type list when you go into Alias’s I think this would be of huge benefit (and to multi-delete from this page as well).
Exactly! Great work so far and great response.
Im in the middle of a implementation of this so I will come up with more things later. But.
My number one is also Unix support. If its to complicated (Time consuming) to build a modul direct I suggest program it against a API to another control panel like VestaCP or ISPconfig or something similar.
And for me the only primary function for Unix Function is Web/FTP and MySQL support.
DNS. (MS 2012+)
Edit DNS zones customer should not be able to change NS servers. Only available for serveradmins.
Enable a option to set TTL value
Domainkey is not working. Probably because of underscore in host domain name.
Normaly its like this CNAME
How is it against brute force attacks against the panel? Some kind of fail2ban ip after X try.
Possibility for the customer to send email to himself with all Hosting Space Information
some kind of linkback to Whmcs/hostbill that says like Billing/Order (I know this is a template thing but why not, and it would be cool if they don’t need a password that way)
Also if the reseller can change this to his whmcs/hostbill installation.
Kepp up the good work!
Thank you for your kind comments. I will pass this onto everyone.
Linux Support – We are working on this but we have first uncovered alot more bugs than expected on other parts of the code so development has slowed down. We are hoping to be able to give this more of a push soon.
Email Alias Mappings – We can look into this and it sounds like a good idea. I will add it to the list of features to add.
Great to hear that everything is working. We are making more and more documentation and using your feedback to improve them.
1. We would love to get this working. I don’t think it is a good idea for us to spend the time creating a API for another control panel when we can be working on getting a full implementation ourself.
2. We can look into this i know we have plans to allow some of the settings such as TTL.
Name Servers – I am not aware of this problem. Is there a specific use case you have had issues with?
DomainKey – We are not aware of this issue. I have tried your example and it worked fine.
3. We do have some protection against users but we do plan for IP blocking in future releases.
4. I am not sure when this would be useful? What information would you be looking for them to be sent?
5. We could look at a way of providing a custom link to a billing system or client portal. I am not sure about the single login with WHMCS but we could look into it at some point. I think it would have to be that the link would only be supplied by the account above it so a reseller’s customer doesn’t get the hosting providers link.
Thank you for the feedback.
As we all use the panel differently its interesting to see different usecases like MailCleaner being used with MailEnable.
If anybody does want to contribute documentation as they create their environments then we would be grateful. Please use the contact button at the top of the page.
- Name servers, no i just dont see the point that customers can remove or change the name servers either they have name servers in our environment or they dont. This is only for protection so customers cant fuck it up. Regarding Domainkey i can see its working i just forget the trailing dot under Record Name so everything is OK. Thanxs
- Well i cant se anywhere where the customer have all the information that is sent for the first time, maybe you can point it out where that information is?
This Panel is a credit to you, absolutely fantastic, keep up the hard work 🙂
Would it be possible to add something like https://www.docker.com/
it would be fantastic to offer things in a contained app for instance Mailcleaner could be installed as an app not sure how hard it would be to include the hub in SolidCP but would be nice 🙂
Firstly I’d like to state that SolidCP is a wonderful project and I’m very glad that you guys have taken this on and improved it considerably from WSP.
There are two possibly three things that I’d like to request.
- Improved backups with the ability to migrate to a new host and if possible granular restore of site, settings maybe, etc.
- Documentation, this is probably just me, but I’d like documentation to understand the structure of SolidCP, how best to interact with and work with the control panel. I find myself clicking around trying to figure out how to do something or where something should be and I’m not in a rush to jump to the forums because you guys have plenty of work to do.
- Some sort of plugin system, preferably a simple way to add functionality. In my case we install SolidCP on customers VPS’, so they get their own copy, it would be handy for me to allow a customer to edit the scope of certain firewall rules, e.g. SQL.
Again, thanks for all your hard work.
I think you guys are doing a fantastic job.
What I would like to see in future implementations.
- Import/Export users/mailboxes from/to CSV. The bulk csv import tool is good, but having a baked functionality in the portal to upload a similar if not the same CSV and have it run the bulk import with all of its validations would be fantastic. The same for distribution lists would be awesome too.
- Migration feature from hosting space to hosting space, I’m in the process of moving some tennants from an existing 2013 infrastructure to 2016 infrastructure. Both currently being managed by SolidCP.
Many thanks for all the effort you have put into making improvements to the panel and making it work better – we really appreciate that.
We would also like to add a few requests to Exchange module hoping you will include them in the future releases:
- converting mailboxes from one type to another:
· User mailbox to resource (room or equipment) mailbox
· Shared mailbox to user mailbox
· Shared mailbox to resource mailbox
· Resource mailbox to user mailbox
· Resource mailbox to shared mailbox
- setting up automatic replies on Exchange mailbox
- remove the ability of granting Sent On Behalf permission from Mail Flow Settings as it already is in Permissions
- deletions, when deleting a user/mailbox/etc. – a window should pop up asking something like „do you reallly want to delete/remove user …(display name/address…?”
- exporting user mailboxes data to PST file
- Views1052 times
- Answers22 answers