Are there any pre-requisites to running Let’s Encrypt on v1.4? I upgraded my instance to 1.4 but it doesn’t work. I have a site which has an existing Let’s Encrypt Certificate. When I click Install Certificate I get the following success message “LetsEncrypt Certificate successfully installed on website” but the certificate is not renewed.
Any ideas? Thanks.
It sounds like LetsEncrypt is unable to validate the file in the .well-known folder.
Can you try load the URL yourself directly in the browser and make sure it is accessible externally? If you have any redirect rules in web.config you will need to exclude the .well-known folder (For example a https redirector).
here are some of the error messages:
- ACME server reported “type” “urn:acme:error:unauthorized”
- ACME server reported “detail” “Invalid response from http://domain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/-AIURe4PRNrD7pysBWlACqf9SfopgMxQ6yWR8nBtag0: “<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd”>
- ACME server reported “detail” “Invalid response from http://advantt.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/-AIURe4PRNrD7pysBWlACqf9SfopgMxQ6yWR8nBtag0: “<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd”>
- NullReferenceException: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException: “no challenge found matching requested type
Parameter name: challengeType”
The above is a string of errors that occur on one request.
- Views622 times
- Answers5 answers