Are there any pre-requisites to running Let’s Encrypt on v1.4? I upgraded my instance to 1.4 but it doesn’t work. I have a site which has an existing Let’s Encrypt Certificate. When I click Install Certificate I get the following success message “LetsEncrypt Certificate successfully installed on website” but the certificate is not renewed.
Any ideas? Thanks.
It sounds like LetsEncrypt is unable to validate the file in the .well-known folder.
Can you try load the URL yourself directly in the browser and make sure it is accessible externally? If you have any redirect rules in web.config you will need to exclude the .well-known folder (For example a https redirector).
here are some of the error messages:
- ACME server reported “type” “urn:acme:error:unauthorized”
- ACME server reported “detail” “Invalid response from http://domain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/-AIURe4PRNrD7pysBWlACqf9SfopgMxQ6yWR8nBtag0: “<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd”>
- ACME server reported “detail” “Invalid response from http://advantt.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/-AIURe4PRNrD7pysBWlACqf9SfopgMxQ6yWR8nBtag0: “<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd”>
- NullReferenceException: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException: “no challenge found matching requested type
Parameter name: challengeType”
The above is a string of errors that occur on one request.
I think it helps to add something like the following to the system.webServer section of the LetsEncrypt Web_Config.xml file, and (if it doesn’t cause problems) maybe this change could be made within the SolidCP installer.
<httpRedirect enabled=”false” />
<remove name=”Helicon.Ape” />
I cannot get the certs to install either. My Event Logs show only this:
NullReferenceException: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”
I see nothing else in the log
I too have this problem. New certificates are fine but renewals fail with
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I do have SSL redirects in place, but have tried
- turning them off
- adding exception for the .well-known folder
Still the same. Additionally I’m noticing a system log error
A fatal error occurred while creating an SSL client credential. The internal error state is 10013.
We do have TLS1 disabled, along with insecure cyphers – wondering if that might be causing an issue??
Any pointers appreciated, got to get this sorted
- Views1808 times
- Answers8 answers