Migrate from Web Pa...

Notifications
Clear all

Migrate from Web Panel 1.0.2 with Exchange 2010 SP3 to SolidCP with Exchange 2016

20 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Admin
(@trobinson)
Noble Member

Hello,

Public folders are used to ensure that a policy is applied against the mailbox to ensure that the default is not used.

For the mailbox database you can use the same database which mailbox's will be created on.

Thanks,

Trevor Robinson

Topic starter
(@ignacio-pardofujitsu-es)
Eminent Member

When you say "Public folders are used to ensure that a policy is applied against the mailbox to ensure that the default is not used." are you speaking about SolidCP policies?

In this case, could you please tell me where do I have to attach the root public folder? Can I attach this mailbox public folder to any database in my system?

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

SolidCP just uses native Exchange methods to segregate (public folders is part of it)

the first PF mailbox created will be the primary hierarchy (we normally recommend making this outside of SolidCP so it can't be accedently deleted).

If you have alot of pre-existing organizations i would recommend running the pffix so all the PF's are created to segregate organizations correctly.

Topic starter
(@ignacio-pardofujitsu-es)
Eminent Member

What it is ppffix?

something like public folder fix?

We are going to delete the exchange 2010 public folder because we don't have any data and after that, we'll create a new public folder in exchange 2016

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Public folder fix is a script we made for SolidCP to generate all missing public folders (usually for exchange 2010 or below migrations) and push the mailboxes default public folder to their organizations folder.

It can be downloaded here:  http://installer.solidcp.com/Files/stable/Tools/PFFix.zip

The script does require to be edited and adjusted to your AD values but should be relatively self explanatory.

Page 4 / 4
Share: