To move the database you will need to move the database I would do this by:
- Run the installer and make a new database (With a different name).
- Copy the old database (if on a different server)
- Give the new SQL User created by the intaller access to the DB.
- Run the update_db.sql found at http://installer.solidcp.com/Files/stable/Manual-Update.zip
- Edit the installer config file (C:\Program Files (x86)\SolidCP Installer\SolidCP.Installer.exe.config ) with the correct DB name
The web.config contains a cryptokey. This is a key used to encrypt the data. Depending on the level of compromised data you can either:
- Use the old key from Enterprise web.config
- Use a new password but this means all passwords will not be valid. If you believe that the cryptokey would be at risk this is the best solution. You will need to then run the installer with the correct DB name to reset Serveradmin password.
If you do use the old cryptokey you do need to edit the installer config file ( C:\Program Files (x86)\SolidCP Installer\SolidCP.Installer.exe.config ).
As a extra precaution i would modify the SolidCP Server passwords.
We not proceed with migrate. But we install version 1.3 on fresh server. But we are getting error as below link:
We already follow manual that we been use on ver 1.2.1. Binding on IIS we change to All Assigned IP as for SolidCP Enterprise and Portal.
We need some advice here. We plan to use ver 1.2.1 but SolidCP Installer show new version. Is it possible we use old version again? Please assist.
From all the errors shown it’s your SolidCP server not working correctly.
When there’s no version etc displayed on the right it pretty much means SolidCP Server isn’t functioning right.
First you should double check if the SolidCP Server is updated correctly (correct version).
Secdond you will need to make sure the SolidCP Server Password value in the web.config is correct, or maybe reset it using the installer (as it’s a encrypted value)
then re-enter it in the portal to make sure both match 100%.