Upgrade exchange 2013 to latest CU

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@hampsons)
Eminent Member

Sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot find any information,

Are there any rules or requirements to solidCP for doing an exchange upgrade to latest CU, I only ask because upgrading to the latest CU seems to be quite complicated apparently its a full install as anyone completed an in place upgrade to exchange 2013 from one CU to the next and if so what happens to SolidCP.

Has anyone here taken Exchange 2013 to the latest CU my setup is 1 DC 1 Exchange 2013 (CAS and Mailbox) do you have any hints or tips?

thank you

Kevan

3 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

Hello,

The only thing the CU update does that affects solidcp is resetting most virtual directory settings.

so after most CU updates you will need to re-apply the Powershell settings the same as when you installed a new Exchange 2013/2016 (so integrated auth enabled, and https urls)

The rest is all pretty straight forward, just calculate in some downtime with single server during the CU update which can sometimes be pretty lengthy.

Regards,

Marco

Topic starter
(@hampsons)
Eminent Member

Hi Marco hope your well 🙂

I'm not sure about the powershell settings you are talking about, when I originally installed exchange 2013 is was just one domain now it is multiple domains I had to prepare AD and SCHEMA for my domain I am concerned that I will lose domains by updating the powershell commands I originally used were :

setup.exe /PrepareSchema /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms

setup.exe /PrepareAD /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms

Setup.exe /prepareDomain /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms

this is where I am concerned I did not run any other scripts and the last command '/prepareDomain' should that not be plural how do I prepare ALL domains?

sorry for being dumb

Kevan

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)
Noble Member

I'm doing great thanks 🙂 hope your doing well too?

The Virtual Powershell settings you can find in the setup manual of solidcp:
https://solidcp.com/kb/configuration/exchange-2013-2016-configuration/

if you scroll to the "Configuring Exchange Powershell" section and repeat that step.

In addition make sure you run iisreset

Share: