Adding RDS Server running Windows 2016 RDS fails with unknown error (0x80005000)
Unfortunately the documentation of SolidCP is lacking the great information. I installed SolidCP Server etc. It is working fine for Exchange 2016. I now want to add RDS Servers in the mix. So I installed the software on the RDS Gateway running 2016 Server. I uploaded my certificate and changed the OU settings to where my users reside and where the RDS Servers reside. When I add the First RDS Server it starts installing software on the RDS Server. It stops and the following error shows.
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Unknown error (0x80005000)
The website states that this is met:
- Server is pinged to check it is on-line. (Yes i can)
- RDS Session Host is installed. (Yup. Done)
- Desktop Experience is installed. (Obviously, or else no desktop would show)
- Net Framework is installed. (4.6 is.... But does it need 3.5 to?)
- Server is rebooted if needed. (done multiple times)
What am i missing and where can i find logs that show whats up?
You will want to check the Windows Eventlog on the RDS Gateway under Applications -> SolidCP for more details on the error.