This is urgent. Since upgrading to 1.4.4 we are experiencing multiple issues. The accessing of mysql server is a MAJOR Issue. And I have just had a reseller tell me he cant add email accounts to a user of his. I can confirm this if I create a mail account as admin it works 100%, however if I login as the reseller or the user themselves and try and add an account it does not give any error, it just fails to add the email account, and in the auditlog this is logged, please we need to urgently address this as my users getting upset. I have manually run the db update script with no change.
The reseller and user account can create aliases, groups, domains, websites, etc it seems only linked to creation of mailboxes that this error occurs. Admin user works 100% creating mail acct.
the stored procedure that generates this error is “gethostingplans”, it calls a function namely dbo.CheckActorParentPackageRights is this not where the issue is ?
IF dbo.CheckActorParentPackageRights(@ActorID, @PackageID) = 0
any feedback ion this issue ? My clients are crying they cant create accounts..
Can you tell me which mailserver you are using? I have tried MailEnable and Exchange on a live 1.4.4 panel without issue.
Would you also be able to provide a full copy of the audit log and not just an screenshot? There is critical information contained which may help to find a solution for you (Please make sure to remove any sensitive data it contains).
it is smartermail that we are using.
the only info in the audit file is these 2 entries, the first one is for all users on the server and the second is when we try create a user. There is no other info, this is the same across all 3 of our smartermail servers.
[9/12/2019 12:34:31 PM] ERROR: Failed to get stats for ‘Ronel@xxxxx.co.za’
System.Exception: Failed to get stats for ‘Ronel@xxxxx.co.za’
at SolidCP.Providers.Mail.SmarterMail10.GetServiceItemsDiskSpace(ServiceProviderItem items)
Here is the log entries i cleared the log created the user and as you can see it fails, however if I login as admin I can do everything, create mail accts etc. it is only with resellers and their users that they cant create accounts..
The weird part is it only is happening when creating a mail account, if you create an alias, or a mail list, it adds the mail domain to the smartermail server and creates the alias or list no issues, so its seems only related to the adding of an email account.
It seems that solidcp is chatting to the servers fine. some rights issue of the reseller or the user in the code
after further investigation I can say the following :
1) Not all reseller or client packages see this issue, ie some can add email accounts whilst others cant. Not specific to old or new accounts as well.
2) Regardless if the client can or cant add emails, the accounts that work or dont work are on the same hosting plans and servers, they are split across multiple mail servers as well so not specific to a mail server, and they are also split across multiple web servers, There is nothing specific or unique about the accounts that can create mail accounts or the ones that cant. There are no quota issues, not related to a specific plan, or server, etc.
3) If it is a reseller account if the reseller cant create a mail account, you can login as the users and they cant create accounts neither, if the reseller can create accounts so can the users accounts.
4) This is not specific to old or new accounts, I added a brand new hosting plan, created a brand new reseller, cant add emails, created a user it cant create emails, I changed packages, same issue, I moved the packages between servers, same issue. I overrode quotas, etc same no change.
5) Even if the accounts cant create mail accounts, they all can create aliases, mail domains, mail lists, etc without any issues, and they all are created on the mail servers, it is only mail account creation that fails.
6) I have compared the db tables of the working accounts and non working accounts, cannot find any specific differences between the accounts/packages/servers/settings, etc in the db that could be preventing this from happening.
Trevor a bit more info that can maybe help you.
If I try create an account on the server with verbose logging going and it fails, it seems as if it is running a processto check if the account exists.
[9/13/2019 6:44:04 PM] START: ‘SmarterMail 10.x +’ AccountExists
Now the interesting part if I create firstname.lastname@example.org, it fails with this no access issue, but if I add the account manually to smartermail and then try to create it it via solidcp, solid cp spits this out
Specified mail account already exists on the target service
So it looks like it is checking the server before it adds it then it fails on creation or something.. This is extremely frustating and a weird issue to be honest.
The AccountExists is strange that it would error but it should be easy to replicate. I have wrote the following powershell script which will return true or false. Can you try run it against the accounts giving you issues:
$AuthURL = “http://127.0.0.1:9998/Services/svcUserAdmin.asmx”
$AuthUserName = “admin”
$AuthPassword = “”
$EmailAddress = “”
$credentials = New-Object -TypeName System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -ArgumentList $AuthUserName, (ConvertTo-SecureString $AuthPassword -AsPlainText -Force)
$svcUserAdmin = New-WebServiceProxy -Uri “$AuthURL” -Credential $credentials
$svcUserAdmin.GetUser($AuthUserName, $AuthPassword, $EmailAddress)
im a bit confused here, this looks like this runs against the smartermail server. Am I correct in saying that. My confusion is there are no users create so how can I run this against a user that cant be created in solidcp ? Sorry I am not sure what you are trying to do.
Ok looking at the script I used the admin login details of the smartermail servers and ran it against email addresses that exist and dont exist. On emails that exist it returns true, but on emails that dont exist it runs false.
My question is the admin user and a few selected users/resellers can create mails no issue from solidcp, then there are the others that all run that permissions error to the plan. There is nothing uniquely identifiable between the cans and can nots as such, even a fresh reseller account and user cant create email accounts so its not even as if I could recreate accounts and move them.
Also just to clarify, this issue occurs on all email creations on the users that already have domains, or new domains, etc, there is no specific email address that fails out of 300 odd accounts about 120 of them work 100%, create update delete etc. The rest can no longer manage email accounts only. Also just to clarify my previous documentation, I see that certain customers whom exist under resellers who can create mail accounts, cant create mail accounts so it is not specific to a reseller and his customers, it is randomized across all resellers and their clients, which basically rules out the hosting plan being an issue.
I can however create every other service under these guys, datbases, domains, mail domains, aliased, ftp accounts, etc etc, just not a pop email account and cant update any existing ones either. This is the error displayed when updating an existing accounts password https://www.hostworx.co.za/log2.txt
- Views167 times
- Answers9 answers