CREATE_MAILBOX erro...

Notifications
Clear all

CREATE_MAILBOX error - WinRM client received an bad request status (400)

57 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@schilperoordbas)
Eminent Member

Checked the writing plus the video, still I’m getting stuck at weird points. Right now I have trouble even creating an Hosted Organization. It says that the result objects are empty, don’t exist. Thanks!

To be more precise, the problem lies in creating a Hosting Space inside a reseller’s account. When I do that, no Organization Unit is being made, which causes the “Server was unable to process request. —> Execution result does not contain any object.” Error.

Funny thing is though, when I create a user inside that reseller that makes use of that Hosting Space, it actually creates an Organization Unit that is not able to bind to the reseller's Hosting Space Organization Unit, because of non-existence.

Hope that helps and that I made it clear.

5 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

I'm assuming the Reseller plan is a old plan in this case? it most likely has incorrect values saved to it's space.
you generally can only fix that by either re-making the space OR fix it manually in the DB

On your tests make sure you use a new hosting space for each test - and continue as such untill your setup is functioning.
Once functioning you can inspect the working vs the old (not working) and manually patch them up.

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Well, no. It's not an old plan. It just doesn't seem to work since the last build you uploaded of Portal? Could that be? I'm not judging or whatsoever, but maybe that's the case? I haven't done anything different than before.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

Just to be sure i double checked it on my live environment aswell as test lab, but their all working as expected.

There was one minor change for Exchange but thats in relation to the mailbox plans (global plan to be precise)

- I don't mind suspecting the code ofcourse, it's good that the community can notify if there's any issue or suspicion, it makes this whole project that much better if issues get detected, just in this case i can't see any issue and no modification has made that affects hosted org creation for example

If you think its a sudden change the first thing i would expect is Deleted objects in AD DC. they tend to prevent creation of org / mailbox aswell and are hard to spot

The most easy way to find out if you got deleted objects is simply rebooting Exchange --> and check for any warnings, they tend to show up once or so @ boot time.

Alternatively i am always happy to check it out my self (though for RDP / private time i do need to charge a hourly fee, in general these issues are within 1 hour, deleted objects issues 2 hours tops It does come with a no cure - no pay guarantee).

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

I have tried redoing my environment and I followed the video + the text, but still the same thing. When I create a Hosting Space inside a reseller, organizations say "0 of Unlimited", while at your point in the video it says "1 of Unlimited", I have correct settings, I'm 99.9% sure about that. I don't know why this method worked before and now it doesn't work anymore. Been busy actually the whole day, which makes me ask, what haven't I done that should do the trick.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

The 1 of unlimited is because i deploy my organization automatically with the hosting plan setup.

Issues can in rare cases also be environmental as i mentioned in my previous comment, most common environmental issues are:
1) Primary public folder removed.
2) Deleted objects (generally things that have been removed but still got references to it in AD which end up in deleted objects).

Topic starter
(@schilperoordbas)
Eminent Member

Marco, do you know by the way if Exchange 2013 Update CU12 is any problem for SolidCP? Because I see you use CU11 in the video.

3 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

It works with CU12 (there's not many changes)
Actually most of the codes even work with Exchange 2016 (just testing the 2016 module now).

You verified you got a primary public folder and no deleted objects?

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

That primary public folder seems new to me, no deleted objects though.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

Well the primary public folder is always the first PF ever created.
it is however deleteable (especially during testing)

so always make sure in ECP you can see a primary hierarchy public folder, everything else is always Secondary.

If there's no primary you will need to clear the primary PF value in adsi and create a new PF (it will then automatically become primary)

Topic starter
(@schilperoordbas)
Eminent Member

There is no folder at all, might that be the thing that has been causing some of the issues I came by? Thanks for the explanation.

5 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

Well it more or less depends if you still got a primary.
Create one manually in ECP (i would generally always create the first PF outside of the panel so it never gets removed).

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Where can I find the value in ADSI Edit?

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

Expand Configuration –Services – Microsoft Exchange – “Your Exchange Org Name” (Properties)
--> find AND clear: “MsExchDefaultPublicFolderMailbox”

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Okay, so what I needed to do was clear that value and then create a Public Folder Mailbox? I have one now, using this command (outside of ECP, as you mentioned):

New-Mailbox -PublicFolder -Name MasterHierarchy

😀

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

yup, you can then check in ECP --> it should state "Primary hierarchie" (might take a few minutes).

Once you got that you are good to go on the PF aspect 🙂

Topic starter
(@schilperoordbas)
Eminent Member

Well, that works fine now, but, I’m still somehow not able to create an organization unit with a Hosting Space inside a reseller. Thanks for all the help.

7 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

hmm, i think i have missed a part of your issue: you only have issues specifically with a Reseller hosting space?

So a normal user space works fine?

As i think i can reproduce that, (currently working on the disappearing hosted org menu when it fails)

In general i wouldn't recommend creating resources under Reseller, though as many people used this ability in WebsitePanel we decided to keep this functionality in there (so i later added the space menus etc back for the reseller)

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Hey Marco,

Glad to say that a user Hosting Space works fine with OU and stuff.

Now at creating a mailbox I have this issue "Server was unable to process request. ---> Unknown error (0x80005000) at.....".

Any idea?

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

That one actually sounds familiar to a old WSP bug:
is your user mail settings set to Plain text? (found if you edit user)

If so set it to html (i did not yet fix the plain text bug)

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

It's set to "Mail Format: HTML", so I guess that's not it.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

alright
in that case could you check the Exchange and Hosted org server (or if their one and the same like in my guide --> just the CAS Server which has the SolidCP Server on it)
--> then open op event log --> Applications and services logs --> SolidCP

Check if it states any more information there on where it falls over

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

[4/14/2016 3:35:32 AM] ERROR: 'Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server 2013' ExtendToExchangeOrganization
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80005000): Unknown error (0x80005000)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.RefreshCache()
at SolidCP.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2013.GetADObject(String path)
at SolidCP.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2013.GetNETBIOSDomainName()
at SolidCP.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2013.CreateMailEnableUserInternal(String upn, String organizationId, String organizationDistinguishedName, String securityGroup, String organizationDomain, ExchangeAccountType accountType, String mailboxDatabase, String offlineAddressBook, String addressBookPolicy, String accountName, Boolean enablePOP, Boolean enableIMAP, Boolean enableOWA, Boolean enableMAPI, Boolean enableActiveSync, Int64 issueWarningKB, Int64 prohibitSendKB, Int64 prohibitSendReceiveKB, Int32 keepDeletedItemsDays, Int32 maxRecipients, Int32 maxSendMessageSizeKB, Int32 maxReceiveMessageSizeKB, Boolean hideFromAddressBook, Boolean IsConsumer, Boolean enabledLitigationHold, Int64 recoverabelItemsSpace, Int64 recoverabelItemsWarning)
at SolidCP.Server.ExchangeServer.CreateMailEnableUser(String upn, String organizationId, String organizationDistinguishedName, String securityGroup, String organizationDomain, ExchangeAccountType accountType, String mailboxDatabase, String offlineAddressBook, String addressBookPolicy, String accountName, Boolean enablePOP, Boolean enableIMAP, Boolean enableOWA, Boolean enableMAPI, Boolean enableActiveSync, Int64 issueWarningKB, Int64 prohibitSendKB, Int64 prohibitSendReceiveKB, Int32 keepDeletedItemsDays, Int32 maxRecipients, Int32 maxSendMessageSizeKB, Int32 maxReceiveMessageSizeKB, Boolean hideFromAddressBook, Boolean isConsumer, Boolean enabledLitigationHold, Int64 recoverabelItemsSpace, Int64 recoverabelItemsWarning)

That's what I can find there.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

Alright,
The Error ComException is generally due to Active Directory settings which makes it a bit weird.

Assuming exchange service & org service is still configured as per video: how is your hosting plan and mailbox plan set?

Topic starter
(@schilperoordbas)
Eminent Member

This is the hosting plan setting page:

System

Disk space, MB:
Unlimited

Bandwidth, MB:
Unlimited

Domains:
Unlimited

Sub-Domains:
Unlimited

ODBC DSNs:
Unlimited

File Manager:
Enabled

Applications Installer:
Enabled

Extra Application Packs:
Enabled

Scheduled Tasks:
Unlimited

Interval Tasks Allowed:
Enabled

Minimum Tasks Interval, minutes:
Unlimited

Disable Tenant To Create Top-Level Domain:
Enabled

Hosted Exchange

Consumer Organization Support:
Enabled

Mailbox storage per Organization, MB:
Unlimited

Mailboxes per Organization:
Unlimited

Contacts per Organization:
Unlimited

Distribution Lists per Organization:
Unlimited

Public Folders per Organization:
Unlimited

Mail Enabled Public Folders Allowed:
Enabled

POP3 Access Allowed:
Enabled

IMAP Access Allowed:
Enabled

OWA/HTTP Access Allowed:
Enabled

MAPI Access Allowed:
Enabled

ActiveSync Access Allowed:
Enabled

Keep Deleted Items (Days):
Unlimited

Maximum Recipients:
Unlimited

Maximum Send Message Size (Kb):
Unlimited

Maximum Receive Message Size (Kb):
Unlimited

Enable Mailbox Plans Editing:
Enabled

Allow Litigation Hold:
Enabled

Recoverable Items Storage per Organization, MB:
Unlimited

Disclaimers Allowed:
Enabled

Allow Retention policy:
Enabled

Archiving Mailboxes per Organization:
Unlimited

Archiving storage per Organization, MB:
Unlimited

Shared Mailboxes per Organization:
Unlimited

Resource Mailboxes per Organization:
Unlimited

Hosted Organizations

Organizations:
Unlimited

Users per Organization:
Unlimited

Domains per Organization:
Unlimited

Allow to Change UserPrincipalName:
Enabled

Security Groups per Organization:
Unlimited

Deleted Users per Organization:
Unlimited

Deleted Users Backup Storage Space per Organization, Mb:
Unlimited

7 Replies
Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

ok a few things:
Disable Tenant To Create Top-Level Domain:
Enabled --> means your customers can not create/ add their own domain names in the panel

Consumer Organization Support:
Enabled
<-- means every mailbox is isolated (like outlook.com users) no collaboration within the same org, i would generally recommend disabeling this (especially during testing)

Allow Litigation Hold:
Enabled
<-- is deletion prevention means the deletion of the mailbox is not possible , i would recommend disabeling this unless there's a reason why you want to make everyone unable to delete their own mailboxes.

Recoverable Items Storage per Organization, MB:
Unlimited
<-- Needs to be set to an actual value 6144 or greater (same as in WebsitePanel)
the same value should be set on the mailbox plan aswell.

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Okay, so I did that now. Gonna try again.

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

Still not working after applying those changes.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

Ok, can you tell me if you get any error if you click active sync policy?
and what happens if you create a normal AD user ? (not a mailbox)

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

That both works without error.

(@schilperoordbas)

Eminent Member

If you have any advice left, let me know.

Admin
(@m-tiggelaar)

Noble Member

If they both work your most likely running into an environmental aspect, but i can't really tell from the error your getting on where you should look.

The domain / user your trying are unique? (didn't try/ fail before)

In this case i would recommend to let us take a look and see what it runs into.

Page 2 / 3
Share: