I am moving our windows servers from helm4 to solid cp, initially I am moving 8 web servers running iis7.5 and servu ftp on each, 2 mail servers with smartermail and running msdns, 1 mssql 2008 db server and 1 mysql db server. We are also using whmcs. My questions are as follows :
- can solidcp be loaded without issues with helm4 ?
- All these servers are production servers, How do i go about adding the users and then importing their info into the solidcp system ? ie websites, mail, db etc
- the path for spaces used is eg d:\domains\username\domainname\wwwroot can the username be dropped ie d:\domains\domainname\wwwroot ?
- if you assign a customer a space, are they tied to a specific server ? i have created virtual servers but dont understand the space name in the path, ie point3, one customer could have websites across multiple servers, so each server would reflect their space name, currently helm only uses the path c:\domains\domainname\wwwroot can this be done ?
- what is the point of the os system ? is it to offer quotas or what ? it seems it only adds one server in when a space is created and used. basically my customers have one hosting acct, ie space, which is governed ny a hosting package, and then their domains are load balanced across all the servers based on load. the web server and ftp servers are linked, ie if web server 1 is assigned, then ftp on the web server 1 is assigned to the account.
- Is there more documentation on the various services, what they do how they should be setup, etc. I cannot seem to find in depth documentation.
Awaiting your rersponses
Its great to hear you want to move from helm4 to SolidCP. To answer your questions:
1) I am unable to say we have tried this before. If helm4 makes large changes to Windows then it maybe an issue.
2) Once you have made the user inside of SolidCP with the hosting space you will need to select Import Resources from inside of the plan.
3) It is not possible to drop the username from the file path. If the server is over multiple servers they will have a user directory on each if its required.
4) Generally websites are located on the same server inside of the hosting plan.
5) The OS system is so SolidCP knows how to interact with the server. It then can use the correct commands for interaction with the server but is mostly used for Quotas and the path for users.
6) There is some documents located at https://solidcp.com/kb/configuration/. We are further behind on documentation than we would like.
- Views2333 times
- Answers1 answer