SolidCP no longer w...
 
Notifications
Clear all

SolidCP no longer works with Smartermail

71 Posts
8 Users
3 Reactions
4,766 Views
Posts: 237
(@hxkd)
Reputable Member
Joined: 7 years ago

Hi,

We been using the one until 149 and its all been fine now all of a sudden once the 149 update was done, we didnt see this till we picked it up. i will try the 10 version

Reply
Posts: 237
(@hxkd)
Reputable Member
Joined: 7 years ago

the weird part is this all used to work fine without incident, it wasnt smartermail that was updated it was a change in solidcp,

1) If i use the 100 dll it works fine, ie create, update, delete, autoresponders, etc. I just cant import domains that were detached.

2) i installed the patch with all the dll changes for enterprise, portal etc. I can see the list of accounts, i can delete an account, i can import detached domains etc, if i try and add a new account, it doesnt create it, however if i try add an account that already exists it moans and says there is already an account, and if i try edit an existing account it gives this error.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Could not get mailbox ---> One or more errors occurred. ---> Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at SolidCP.Providers.Mail.MailServer.GetAccount(String accountName)
at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.MailServerController.GetMailAccount(Int32 itemId)
at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.esMailServers.GetMailAccount(Int32 itemId)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at SolidCP.EnterpriseServer.esMailServers.GetMailAccount(Int32 itemId)
at SolidCP.Portal.MailAccountsEditAccount.BindItem()
Send Report to Host  

The weird part is the changes made to the accounts page, ie where it shows the usage of the mailboxes, works fine, so its accessing the mailboxes, but when you create or edit it moans about the mailbox cant be accessed. There is definatively an issue between the original dll and the new one, and I personally its some small thing. if I use the api calls , old and new i can access the mailboxes without issues. from a test script.

Reply
Posts: 237
(@hxkd)
Reputable Member
Joined: 7 years ago

i just looked the 100 provider uses the "var authurl = ServiceUrl + "/api/v1/settings/domain/impersonate-user/" + email;" api1 api, so why would this be an issue with the new provider if its using the api1 which is still valid ?

Reply
Posts: 237
(@hxkd)
Reputable Member
Joined: 7 years ago

from what I see the api is exactly the same on both the latest version of sm 8 100.0.8839.21378 (Mar 14, 2024) installed on the main mail server as well as the old version we using, the calls on the api all look identical as far as the documentation shows..

Reply
1 Reply
(@enguard)
Joined: 6 years ago

Trusted Member
Posts: 54

@hxkd Please be advised that the SmarterMail Web Services URL is different for each provider.

 

SM10.x+ Provider:

https://mail.yourhostnme.com/services/

 

SM100.x+ / SM8747+ Provider:

https://mail.yourhostnme.com/

 

We are currently running legacy Build 8451 (Feb 20, 2023) with the SmarterMail 10.x+ Provider, which is a newer build than yours, and it works. 

Reply
Posts: 237
(@hxkd)
Reputable Member
Joined: 7 years ago

ok so i changed it to sm10+ provider, create a email account, and this is the error that it gets

[3/20/2024 12:57:13 PM] ERROR: 'SmarterMail 10.x +' GetDomain
System.Exception: Could not get mail domain ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with an empty response.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at SolidCP.Mail.SM10.svcDomainAdmin.GetDomainSettings(String AuthUserName, String AuthPassword, String domainName)
at SolidCP.Providers.Mail.SmarterMail10.GetDomain(String domainName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SolidCP.Providers.Mail.SmarterMail10.GetDomain(String domainName)
at SolidCP.Server.MailServer.GetDomain(String domainName)

Reply
Page 7 / 10
Share: