Install SolidCP Standalone server within 5 minutes31 - 03 - 2016
Exchange 2013/ 2016 / 2019 Configuration08 - 04 - 2016
Backup before starting
The Powershell script will make run a backup of the files is taken and left on the server for it to be manually removed when you decide that it is nolonger needed. You will manually need to do a backup of the database using the following.
Backup the WebsitePanel database:
- There are many ways to accomplish this. i personally prefer to create a full file copy of the database
- to create a full file copy: either stop the mssql database service OR go to mssql management --> and detach the database (close existing connections)
- go to the mssql datadir (by default C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\\MSSQL\DATA (example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA)
- Copy over the mdb and the ldf file of Websitepanel to for example your desktop.
- If you de-tached the database --> attach it back again from the default mssql server location, if you stopped the mssql server, restart it.
Remove Scheduler first
- Go to Control Panel --> Software --> find the WebsitePanel scheduler and remove it.
Running the PowerShell script
To run the PowerShell script you will need to have PowerShell 3.0 installed (You can see this by running "$PSVersionTable.PSVersion" in PowerShell).
You can download the PowerShell script from http://installer.solidcp.com/Files/1.0.1/SolidCP-Powershell-Migration.zip
To run the script you need to have set your execution policy to RemoteSigned using "Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned"
To run the script copy it to a location such as C:\WebsitePanel and run the PS1 file. This will then upgrade each component and output the information. This will need to be ran on all the servers which have any component of WebsitePanel installed.
To complete the upgrade for the enterprise server you will need to follow the steps for runnign the SQL upgrade.
To complete this set you will need a copy of the update_sql.sql, You can find this in the Enterprise update zip found at http://installer.solidcp.com/Files/1.0.1/SolidCP-EnterpriseServer-1.0.1-Update.zip
- Load up SQL Management
- Go to the WebsitePanel database
- Right click
- Select "New query"
- Open the update_sql.sql , remove the first 2 lines and paste it in the "New Query"
- Click execute and double check it completed successfully.