I am a longtime user of Website Panel.
I found you guys recently.
Today i decided to give SolidCP a try.
After a full day of installation and configuration i was ready to finally run the portal.
When i ran it i get an error 400 bad request.
Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.]
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +233599
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object parameters) +270
SolidCP.Portal.Login.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +45
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +109
SolidCP.Portal.SolidCPModuleBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +34
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4498
Not sure what to do?
While not referring to the exact reason,. we previously also had 400 Errors while trying to use the WBRM utility and found a similar reason:
IF this is similar, then here is what we believe is the cause:
The SolidCP is trying to access 127.0.0.1, whereas you have set the SolidCP Enterprise to a different IP and of course they can’t see each other.
Hope that helps.
Robin’s solution was correct.
In greater detail here’s what happened.
- web server is set with 5 static IPs binded to 1 NIC card
- i installed the server agent first using 1 dedicated IP
- then i installed the enterprise agent second using another dedicated IP
- then I installed the portal agent with a third dedicated IP
- during installation of the portal after I selected the dedicated IP for the portal, it takes me to the next screen asking the connection url to the enterprise agent
- by default it uses http://127.0.0.1:9002 (which I though could resolve and route even though I assigned a dedicated IP on the same NIC card)
- however, at the time I did not know, so when i hit the portal page i get the error 400
- then I saw Robin’s solution which sounded closes to my issue
- i then went and ran the SolidCP installer and I selected the “SolidCP portal” and clicked on settings
- when the settings came up, it shows my dedicated for the Portal and i click next
- on the next screen it shows my url for the entrprise agent using http://127.0.0.1:9002 — i changed it to my Enterprise agent’s dedicated IP (10.10.19.229:9002) — click next and the settings are now saved
- then I ran the portal again and finally I got in.
- i logged in with the default serveradmin login for the first time and it worked!
hopefully this will help someone else.
I think there needs to be a big red highlight on this Portal installation instructions.
- Views2560 times
- Answers4 answers